• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motor Trend test Bronco vs Jeep, Toyota

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I think they got it right. Jeep of course would have scored higher had they tested some more extreme trails.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm on JL forum, a few have both. Onroad, Bronco wins. A few more gadgets than jeep, but jeep can have more gadgets based on trim. Power, bronco, although you really cant tow much more if any. Sturdiness, which was odd because three dual owners mentioned it, the jeep wins hands down. Most new bronco parts/stuff, looks and feels cheap.

Offroad, without a doubt, jeep, even in a basic sport level, beats the toughest stock built bronco. The rubicon version, not even same league as bronco, bronco has a few iterations to go. No one really compared IFS, said it really didnt matter much.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'm on JL forum, a few have both. Onroad, Bronco wins. A few more gadgets than jeep, but jeep can have more gadgets based on trim. Power, bronco, although you really cant tow much more if any. Sturdiness, which was odd because three dual owners mentioned it, the jeep wins hands down. Most new bronco parts/stuff, looks and feels cheap.

Offroad, without a doubt, jeep, even in a basic sport level, beats the toughest stock built bronco. The rubicon version, not even same league as bronco, bronco has a few iterations to go. No one really compared IFS, said it really didnt matter much.
Open front and rear axle stock base sport Wrangler will out crawl a Badlands with Sasq?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I cant agree with build quality of the Jeep over the bronco. I have owned both. Had a 2019 four door with the V6 and a soft top. Have had three of the 6 G broncos. The jeep felt very cheap, had strange electrical gremlins that killed the battery if it sat for more than a week and the dealer couldnt figure it out. My brother in law is a Jeep guy, and he even agrees the Bronco is a better all around vehicle than the Jeep. He has had everything from CJs to a 2022 JL. On road Bronco hands down, Off road "rocks" yes the jeep is better but my bronco went everywhere my brother in laws Lifted on 35s Rubicon went with out trouble. The jeep scared me at high speeds and the wind gust felt like it was going to blow me off the road. Never felt that way in the bronco.

I feel that the are both good at different things, comfort and ride Bronco hands down, If you wheel in the rocks and want simple off roader the jeep. Not to mention the interior space on the bronco is way better, I always felt like I was smushed in the Jeep almost felt like I had to lean on the door. Not so in the Bronco way more shoulder room. One thing that i will give to the Jeep is the soft top is so much better than the bronco. the up and down is easy and fast, the fit was better and the rear window that opens is just smarter than the bronco.

I am not saying the bronco is what everyone should buy but it is certainly not below the Jeep in any way except if you are rock crawling.