• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

mounting side view mirrors on a bronco with out doors???? HELP

1967Blackbronco

Hey y'all! i just took the door of my bronco and love riding that way the only problem is i have no side view mirrors and as you can guess that don't sit to well with my old man, iv seen a few pictures of broncos with mirrors mounted without doors but i just need some idea how to do it/ build it so if any of y'all have any picture or know how to i would greatly appreciate it thanks!!!

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I always thought the best place to mount the outside mirrors would be the ends of the cowl below the windshield frame and above the top of the fender. Some of the Jeep mirrors could be bolted on there and swing back to fit through tight spots, or avoid damage if the mirror hits something. Lift off doors, inserts, fold down windshield, etc. leaves the mirrors in the same place. I never liked the front posts of many role bars. They just interfere with too many things.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I used jeep mirrors mounted on the windshield frame. It has been nice to swing or bump them out of the way on tight trails. Lots of options out there.

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0621.jpg

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I made my own brackets and bolted them the the windshield frame. The mirrors are just cheap 5" convex's from any parts house. They were positioned to use with my full soft doors.

Mark

Attachments

• Soft Doors 007.jpg
    Soft Doors 007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Soft Doors 008.jpg
    Soft Doors 008.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Soft Doors 010.jpg
    Soft Doors 010.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 68

DJs74

Bronco Guru
I've never thought about it but if it were me, I personally would not drill any holes into the windshield frame or fenders - I would rather get some stainless steel strip bar stock (like 1" wide x 1/8" thick) and make a clamp on type system to the edge of the windshield frame. Kind of like the clamps used for holding tonneau covers or camper shells on a truck bed.

Then after you have the clamping brackets installed - you can bolt your mirrors to them.

If you use a clamping type mechanism like I've mentioned, you can also use foam rubber weather stripping or some type of rubber protection pads to protect your windshield frame paint.

If you ever put the doors back on, you don't want those extra holes.

Good luck,

DJs74

DanHall

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
I used YJ mirrors mounted to the windshield frame. Had to notch the bracket for the drip channel and drill and tap two holes on each side of the windshield frame. Mine are mounted on the side of the windshield frame rather than the front like Garberz above.