• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moving rear axle back

eb-nutt1

I believe they're 1/2". I believe that the dimensions they have on the page are wrong. I called them today and they're going to check and give me a call back with the dimensions. I'll post here when they do.

Thanks, from your sig line, we have basically the same build going ...I have a 69, uncut, half cab, building a db 44, 2.5" jbg lift, 1" body, 33x10.50 on factory slots.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
No need to buy anything, shallow drill the existing spring perch on your axle.

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
I run the Off-road Design blocks and they worked great for me. I ground them a little narrower to match the narrower springs and also went up to the 9/16” u-bolts and HD spring plates while I was at it.

OP
OP
honeycoon_

honeycoon_

Thanks, from your sig line, we have basically the same build going ...I have a 69, uncut, half cab, building a db 44, 2.5" jbg lift, 1" body, 33x10.50 on factory slots.

That's really cool. My dad and I have been working on this for about 6 years, it's always a work in progress. Not a frame off resto by any means, but we got it back on the street after it sat for over a decade and have been upgrading things along the way. Broke the Dana 30 on our first trip since it was running up in Big Bear and put the Dana 44 in. Swapped the original 3 speed on the column back in since the C4 wasn't shifting properly. Maybe not the best for wheeling but there's definitely a cool/vintage factor involved. Absolutely love this vehicle and everything about it. Keep us updated with your build!

OP
OP
honeycoon_

honeycoon_

I wonder what the thickness is on these? Kinda in a similar situation, and was about to order spring perches from Tom's with the 1" fore/after holes relocate...already have 2.5" rear springs and don't want any more lift height with it being a half cab.

They gave me a call back, they're a half inch thick. The 8x4x2 dimensions listed are for the packaging I believe, they're going to try and change that.

eb-nutt1

They gave me a call back, they're a half inch thick. The 8x4x2 dimensions listed are for the packaging I believe, they're going to try and change that.

Thanks for the info!! I'll probably go with these instead of cutting off/welding on new spring perches on my freshly rebuilt axle...probably go ahead and remove a leaf or 2 out of my spring packs to compensate for the 1/2" thickness.

FordFarmer

Contributor
I have used that exact product with great success. I have 31’s on an unlifted, uncut bronco.

Have a picture of your Bronco handy? I’d like to see how 31’s look on a stock height rig.