• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

mud riding

bdrake1

Loc.
texarkana
do any of you you use your bronco to ride in the mud.i know alot of hardcore 4x4 guys who run 21/2 ton axles and such and i dont think my bronco with 35s can ride with them very well.can you run 38 with stock axles.and how hard is a dana 60 swap

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
my pick-up has 44's and a 500hp motor with 1/2 ton axles.the rear has been upgraded to 35 spline mosers though.i ran 40's on the truck with everything bone stock daily driver with no problems.the eb is alot lighter so i wouldnt see a problem as long as you didnt do hardcore rock crawlin or put a super-high hp motor in.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Hmmm, how serious of mud are we talking? I think a Bronco with your set-up would be decent, but wouldn't be able to drive through a swamp liek the guys in Florida do. Heres what to do...try! and if somethign breaks then you upgrade!

OP
OP
B

bdrake1

Loc.
texarkana
can you run 38 stock.the guy i bought it from said he had 38s on it.and what gear ratio should i run.i thought about putting in gears and a locker at the same time

brokehorse

I used to run my last Bronco in nothing but mud. We ran them hard too. I ran stock axles but upgrade gears. I ran 44s on it and never had any problems until I shattered the ring and pinion. The axles never gave out.