• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mustang 5.0 Power Steering Serpentine setup

ravinlun

Loc.
Hernando, MS
Does anyone have any pictures of a power steering setup on 87 mustang 5.0 motor with a saginaw style pump. I was looking at the braket on Wild Horses website but it sounds like it will require some original style brakets.

What I have currently is the original 302 bronco motor with a saginaw style pump. I have aquired an 87 5.0 EFI motor with serpentine drive setup excluding the power steering system. I need to setup my saginaw system into the serpentine system. Some pictures of a setup like what I am going to would help or some pictures of an original 5.0 Mustang power steering system would also help.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
The Wild Horses bracket replaces the OEM Mustang bracket without any other mods- assuming your serpentine setup is intact apart from the pump and bracket. But if you don't have the other bits n' pieces such as the a/c brackets or the a/c delete brackets (depending on what you have) it could get expensive quickly.

Pics show some details of a typical Mustang 5.0 setup with a/c.

72Sport's offer is a great deal, IMHO. Quick n' easy.

Attachments

• Old Setup Alternator Bracket and Belt Tensioner.jpg
    Old Setup Alternator Bracket and Belt Tensioner.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Old Setup Complete.jpg
    Old Setup Complete.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Old Setup PS Pump Bracket.jpg
    Old Setup PS Pump Bracket.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Old Setup without Ac pump and fan.jpg
    Old Setup without Ac pump and fan.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 97

mr.n

One more ;)
They junk yard brackets work just fine. I know 84 has the two piece bracket (steering & AC), and 88 is a once piece for the steering & AC.

FordSaginawpump.jpg

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=466192&postcount=30

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
One more ;)
They junk yard brackets work just fine. I know 84 has the two piece bracket (steering & AC), and 88 is a once piece for the steering & AC.

FordSaginawpump.jpg

This is the setup that I have been using for years, it works great. I used the first pictured bracket first, but I like the smaller one better. I ran the first bracket with an A/C Eliminator pulley which is an option if you don't have an A/C Compressor.

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
One more ;)

FordSaginawpump.jpg

This is the Set-up that I have been using for years. I used the first pictured bracket, but I like the smaller bracket better. The first pictured bracket is nice if you don't have a A/C Compressor because you can use the A/C Eliminator Pulley like the one in the pic.