• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mustang EFI Intake Questions

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a nice clean set of upper and lower intakes off I believe a '93 Mustang (pics attached). I am thinking that I would like to go EFI sometime soon. Is there any big advantage to the GT40 intakes compared to the ones I have pictured? I have both but these are near new condition but the GT40 set would have to be blasted or hot tanked or whatever.%)

Attachments

• intakes 1.jpg
    intakes 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 43
  • intake 2.jpg
    intake 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 33
  • intake 3.jpg
    intake 3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have a nice clean set of upper and lower intakes off I believe a '93 Mustang (pics attached). I am thinking that I would like to go EFI sometime soon. Is there any big advantage to the GT40 intakes compared to the ones I have pictured? I have both but these are near new condition but the GT40 set would have to be blasted or hot tanked or whatever.%)

Only downside to that is you cannot flip it 180 degrees to clear the brakes and you will have to run an offset bracket like I have to.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you for the input. Any pics of what you are referring to?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That intake is '94-'95 mustang (and maybe earlier tbird). Throttle body bolt pattern is different on the '94-'95. Earlier throttle bodies or explorer throttle bodies won't work on it. GT40 is a little taller but has better airflow.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
351W with GT40 heads, truck lower, B.C. adapter, Mustang upper

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
That intake will work fine so long as you have the 94-5 Throttle body. If you're chasing horsepower, you may want to use the explorer intake.

redline8300

What valve covers are you running? I ask because I'm running the short ford ones and the oil fill tube is at the same location as the throttle body opening would have been with the same angled upper.