• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My 1970

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Took a bit but here are some pics of the 1970 that has been in the family. She has an inline 6 and will posting those pics too. Only 90,002 miles on the odo and a good chunk of those came from repeated trips to northeastern New Mexico and back to South Texas for about 10 years. 3 on the tree and a t-shift handle on the 4X4.

Attachments

• IMG_9040.jpg
    IMG_9040.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9042.jpg
    IMG_9042.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9044.jpg
    IMG_9044.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9046.jpg
    IMG_9046.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9045.jpg
    IMG_9045.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9043.jpg
    IMG_9043.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OP
OP
BorderBronco

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
some more of the engine bay. Pretty cool the jack is still in the same place after 41 years

Attachments

• IMG_9047.jpg
    IMG_9047.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9053.jpg
    IMG_9053.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9054.jpg
    IMG_9054.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9048.jpg
    IMG_9048.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 53

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Restore-YES
Modify=Only a new stock height suspension, and bushings
New paint, new upholstery, new tires ready to roll!
Nice Bronco too!

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Very nice stocker, glad to hear your keeping it like that. Looks to be in great shape for a '70.

You wouldn't know if this Bronco had any history in Kentucky? A guy I work with seen the photo of my Bronco's I use for computer wallpaper and started telling me about a cream colored '70 half-cab his Dad had, and if I remember his description correctly that one fits it. I'm off work for a week but I saved a pic of yours to show him later. Probably not the same one, but it sounds like one that will be very similar.

Best of luck with the restoration!

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice Bronco. I think it is getting harder to find a 6cyl Bronco than an 8cyl, atleast around here anyways.... Thanks for posting up The pics. looks like a nice one to restore!

bmbm

good decision not to cut

Look into a Duraspark II for it (or Pertronix). Go to fordsix.com for more info. Also going to a 30x9.50 15 tire will make it feel a little less stressed on the highway and looks good too. Nice ride just the way it is though.

OP
OP
BorderBronco

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Very nice stocker, glad to hear your keeping it like that. Looks to be in great shape for a '70.

You wouldn't know if this Bronco had any history in Kentucky? A guy I work with seen the photo of my Bronco's I use for computer wallpaper and started telling me about a cream colored '70 half-cab his Dad had, and if I remember his description correctly that one fits it. I'm off work for a week but I saved a pic of yours to show him later. Probably not the same one, but it sounds like one that will be very similar.

Best of luck with the restoration!

Thanks!
It was a New Mexico Bronco when my dad bought it in 72 or so. Las Vegas, New Mexico actually. So for those first two years of it's life I'm not sure but I want to say it was just in the New Mexico region.

OP
OP
BorderBronco

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Restore-YES
Modify=Only a new stock height suspension, and bushings
New paint, new upholstery, new tires ready to roll!
Nice Bronco too!

That's right Rev. I have started looking over the engine.. Needed a new header so ordering that Wednesday. Heater box rebuild likely too. Need to replace the inner fenders and a few other minor spots need attention then paint and new interior. Hope to have it rolling by fall so it will be cooler weather to drive in. South Texas is hot through oh about late November.. Haha

OP
OP
BorderBronco

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Nice Bronco. I think it is getting harder to find a 6cyl Bronco than an 8cyl, atleast around here anyways.... Thanks for posting up The pics. looks like a nice one to restore!

Thank you! It will stay a 6cyl... I am looking for a V8 full cab... That Bronco will be modded for daily/light off-road.