• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My 2011 SEMA photos

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I had never been to SEMA before so I was not sure what to expect. I did not take my good camera because it is heavy and well... I was supposed to be working not on vacation. Anyway, I took my daughters little pocket camera so these photos are not great. I didnt do any sorting or anything... they are just random shots I took.

You will say to yourself... what is this guy taking a photo of? Remember... I was working. We have been asked to build some prototypes and to design some new products so I was taking photos of different ideas on mounting and latches and all sorts of stuff.

Anyway... here is a link to my google photos uploads...

https://picasaweb.google.com/GregWB...&authkey=Gv1sRgCJqei-uZ6ubWPg&feat=directlink

Greg

taylorB

Loc.
Canton, GA
I love that Heep truck, they did it up nice and it looks like somethin that would really roll off the assembly line. I want one :-X

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I like that other gray bronco too- those sliders/steps are really cool

Trey Taylor

sema

Man that Bronco with the new 5.0 is pretty neat. I wonder how tough that build was and how it runs? If you could get more info on that it would be awesome. Thanks

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Wow.. thanks for all those pics.. I just wasted a good 30 minutes of work.. :) Felt like i was there..

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...I took my daughters little pocket camera so these photos are not great...

You will say to yourself... what is this guy taking a photo of?...

Hey, we're mostly gearheads here too! I don't hear anyone saying, "why did he shoot that?" yet. All I hear (mostly from me of course) are ooohs and ahhhs and oopy doopys.
And at least one "I want one." for good measure. ;D

Nice job G. Tell your daughter we said thanks for letting daddy borrow here camera.
Wonder how long it'll take her to tell you to get those silly pictures off of her memory card?

Thanks for sharing. What did you think about at least the part of the show you got to see?

Paul

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Hey, we're mostly gearheads here too! I don't hear anyone saying, "why did he shoot that?" yet. All I hear (mostly from me of course) are ooohs and ahhhs and oopy doopys.
And at least one "I want one." for good measure. ;D

Nice job G. Tell your daughter we said thanks for letting daddy borrow here camera.
Wonder how long it'll take her to tell you to get those silly pictures off of her memory card?

Thanks for sharing. What did you think about at least the part of the show you got to see?

Paul

The show was awesome... Most of the shows I go to are boring. I have attended some machinery shows that were pretty cool but nothing like SEMA. I hope we land some business so I can go back. They only gave me permission to attend for this one year only unless we can produce some documents showing we are part of the automotive industry.

I couldnt believe the shear number of awesome vehicles... My battery was dead when we finally got time to roam around outside. I wanted more shots of some of those expedition vehicles with the super cool offroad trailers but the camera was dead. I also wanted to take a ride along in one of those corvettes in the Chevy area... that looked fun. Insurance must be a ton to cover ride alongs where the driver is drifting around a parking lot with concrete walls.

The place was packed to the walls with people. I thought we were in a resession?

I found out too late that there was an offroad demonstration over at Las Vegas motor speedway. I think stadium trucks or something like that.

Greg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Excellent. Hope you can go back next year too.
And that's an affirmative on the Corvette action! Last time I was there I spent some time in the Corsa Exhaust 600+hp Charger running the auto-cross circuit just outside the doors near the GM booth.
Fun stuff that!

Glad you had a good time. Hope you got some business too. For many reasons...

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man that Bronco with the new 5.0 is pretty neat. I wonder how tough that build was and how it runs? If you could get more info on that it would be awesome. Thanks

Ton of money in that thing!

They're "only" $150k and somewhere around 8 are spoken for already.
Don't know if anyone has much of a description on how well they run yet, but there are several threads (like maybe 6 or 7+) active right now, some from last year, on the "ICON" Bronco build.
Some of them link to a local L.A. station with a story by one of our own members here who went out and interviewed them about it a few weeks ago.
Good stuff. Should have been more than just a 3-minute story, but that's they type of quick interest stories that show runs.

Check 'em out. Some good reading and pics.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...In fact, there's a new one just behind this one (soon to be in front again) about a story on Fox News about the Bronco at SEMA looks like.
Guess I'll have to go watch it too...

Paul