• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

my 69 bronco update 1/31/15

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Hello i want to start my build thread here but cant figure out a name for it so that will come later. My plans for the build are to make a nice Daily Driver/off road vehicle. I all ready use it as a DD but only drive it about 10 miles a day. I do not have a lot of extra money so i plan on building it with extra parts i have or with things i make.

as for the bronco my parents bought it when i was 13 as a project for me and my day to work on and it was to be my first vehicle. but things changed and it was booted, and sat outside for 6 and a half years. i am now 20 and i sold my focus (32 Mpg) to fix up the bronco (12 MPG) silly thing to do but my love for old fords betters my urge for better gas mileage lol.

Specs-
1969 ford bronco half cab
57,730 miles on the original 302
three on the tree converted to a floor shifter
235/75/R15 street tires
stock suspension, old cracked rubber bushings
body is in decent shape but has rust (used hockey pucks for body mounts lol)
frame is ok a few spots were i am going to have to put some new metal in
interior is ok need to put a back seat in it, the gas gauge, speedo, and oil pressure gauges are the only ones that work

Plans-
to restore it to a great looking but used off road vehicle when my wallet allows it

Pics first is when i was brought home 6 years ago and then the rest is clean up and peppering it for the road.
l_f6621ee1d9c145168f3b454b5030e5d6.jpg

659776075_2359100117_0.jpg

CIMG0621.jpg

sorry for the pic quality it will get better

also if you guys think of a name feel free to post, also any cheap or free upgrades you think of let me know all help is appreciated

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
THE ROAD SO FAR
Parts and total build cost
sold focus +700 dollars
Brakes Front and Rear, New rubber lines, shoes, wheel cyclinders, spring kit, master cyclinder. -200 dollars
Front and rear drums turned =Free
Spray paint -20
spark plugs -15
drive shaft = free (extra dad had)
yoke for rear end -60
u-joints for drive shaft -20
rear shocks =free (extra dad had)
Goodyear wrangler MTR =free (free take offs from work)
money spent on gas to drive to parents to use wielder -100

total spent so far 415 dollars

the rest of the focus money went to bills lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Plans to come
fix frame
new front shocks
make a front and rear bumper
2 1/2 inch lift
33" mud tires
fix anything i find wrong :)

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Recon what that console is out of? I kinda like it!

hc

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Recon what that console is out of? I kinda like it!

hc

it is a aftermarket one i will get a name off of it later. i work at a car dealership and any used cars that come in are far game for things we want so i took it out of the minivan i was working on :) free stuff rocks

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
hey guy a little progress. I was able to get the rear shocks in at work to only had a hour and i broke one of the top mounts for the shock but was still able to get the nut on, kind of lol
CIMG0651.jpg

CIMG0652.jpg

CIMG0653.jpg

CIMG0654.jpg

CIMG0656.jpg

CIMG0655.jpg

and some from last weekend's wheelin trip lol
CIMG0648.jpg

CIMG0647.jpg

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
ah man all good names, so hard to choose. i know that this is a bronco sit but here are two pics of my mustang that i built while i was in collage, just to show what i can do with time and little money. the most expensive thing i payed for was the wheels and tires.

Hey JD, that's a really nice 4 eyed Fox. Don't see many of them around in that kind of shape anymore. Great job.

Here's a picture of my 80 Fox.:cool:

Attachments

• IMGP0577.jpg
    IMGP0577.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Hey JD, that's a really nice 4 eyed Fox. Don't see many of them around in that kind of shape anymore. Great job.

Here's a picture of my 80 Fox.:cool:

Very nice car have you ever joined Foureyedpride.com that's the best forum for early foxes and everyone there is real nice.

as for everyone else thanks for the comments and i will defiantly will keep posting wheeling pics along with updates. still haven't picked a name

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
hey guys another update, monday i was given a set of 31-10.50-R15 and put them on on thursday. it looks so much better wi the 31's plus you cant beat the price of free lol
CIMG0660.jpg

CIMG0661.jpg

CIMG0664.jpg

CIMG0665.jpg

CIMG0666.jpg