• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Basesquatch is in da house!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
color me jealous.. glad you are getting some good enjoyment out of it

Johnny Rebel

Contributor
Loc.
near Ruston
GOT them from stickerfab
Thanks. I ordered the Ford Accessories letters back in April and was wondering how you got yours so quickly. Finally got them a couple of days ago, but was hesitant to put them on because they weren’t exactly what I was expecting. After seeing how good yours looked, I went ahead and installed them last night after work.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Thanks. I ordered the Ford Accessories letters back in April and was wondering how you got yours so quickly. Finally got them a couple of days ago, but was hesitant to put them on because they weren’t exactly what I was expecting. After seeing how good yours looked, I went ahead and installed them last night after work.
PICS? we LOVE pics!

Johnny Rebel

Contributor
Loc.
near Ruston
PICS? we LOVE pics!
Didn’t wanna hijack your thread, but since you asked…. Bonus pic shows the color-matched grab handles.

Attachments

• B37ECBAB-D0FA-4F71-8A4B-4053061F391A.jpeg
    B37ECBAB-D0FA-4F71-8A4B-4053061F391A.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 23
  • ED2E1FDE-986F-4A41-887E-BA620C5EA31F.jpeg
    ED2E1FDE-986F-4A41-887E-BA620C5EA31F.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 26
  • C6F7EB99-BFDB-4172-8AC3-F06F81B763B4.jpeg
    C6F7EB99-BFDB-4172-8AC3-F06F81B763B4.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 68DCBF20-0678-4A5E-A119-6BC2A18928B6.jpeg
    68DCBF20-0678-4A5E-A119-6BC2A18928B6.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2147AA59-DC94-4561-B9F9-92A5CF97510E.jpeg
    2147AA59-DC94-4561-B9F9-92A5CF97510E.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
GOOD JOB! how ya like it this far?

Johnny Rebel

Contributor
Loc.
near Ruston
GOOD JOB! how ya like it this far?
Love is not a strong enough word for it. So far, it's been everything I hoped the new Bronco would be. The 2.3 has plenty of power, the ride quality is really good, the ergonomics and interior are both great for me, and it has that "modern" EB feel to it. We've driven it on all different types of terrain from the flatlands of the Deep South to the Colorado mountains and it has handled everything very well.

Only a couple of minor issues (if you can even call them that) I'd like to change. First, it doesn't have lockers, but I haven't found a good way solve that with aftermarket parts yet. Second, this was the local dealer's demo truck, so it has a 2-3" lift on it that screwed the alignment up and has really trashed the tires. I really like the extra height and larger tire size, so am thinking I'll replace the shocks with King's and install new UCAs that allow enough adjustment to compensate for the lift. Did that on our 4Runner and am really happy with the results. Still looking at the options on that project, though.

Overall, even if I don't change a thing, I'm VERY happy with the new Bronco. It's a permanent addition to our fleet.

What about you? How's the 7 speed? Never seen the specs on it, but I'm guessing 1st gear doesn't get much use on the pavement. Also curious about the start-in-gear function. Is that available any time or does it require the drivetrain to be in a certain configuration before it'll work?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Love is not a strong enough word for it. So far, it's been everything I hoped the new Bronco would be. The 2.3 has plenty of power, the ride quality is really good, the ergonomics and interior are both great for me, and it has that "modern" EB feel to it. We've driven it on all different types of terrain from the flatlands of the Deep South to the Colorado mountains and it has handled everything very well.

Only a couple of minor issues (if you can even call them that) I'd like to change. First, it doesn't have lockers, but I haven't found a good way solve that with aftermarket parts yet. Second, this was the local dealer's demo truck, so it has a 2-3" lift on it that screwed the alignment up and has really trashed the tires. I really like the extra height and larger tire size, so am thinking I'll replace the shocks with King's and install new UCAs that allow enough adjustment to compensate for the lift. Did that on our 4Runner and am really happy with the results. Still looking at the options on that project, though.

Overall, even if I don't change a thing, I'm VERY happy with the new Bronco. It's a permanent addition to our fleet.

What about you? How's the 7 speed? Never seen the specs on it, but I'm guessing 1st gear doesn't get much use on the pavement. Also curious about the start-in-gear function. Is that available any time or does it require the drivetrain to be in a certain configuration before it'll work?

Uggh, keep building my my angst to figure out how to get one :(

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i am loving it and I get the whole modern EB feeling....crawler is not used much thus far or 6th to be honest...only turning 2100 at 72. I do spirited driving and getting 21.2 thus far...not bad for something with 35's!

Johnny Rebel

Contributor
Loc.
near Ruston
i am loving it and I get the whole modern EB feeling....crawler is not used much thus far or 6th to be honest...only turning 2100 at 72. I do spirited driving and getting 21.2 thus far...not bad for something with 35's!
Awesome. If I had ordered one, I was planning on the 7-speed. Ended up buying the local dealer’s demo unit after the original buyer traded it in for a different model, so had to take what I could get.

I’m running 315’s on the stock 17x7.5 Big Bend rims since that’s the way it came. I can get 20-22 if I keep it under 75, but anything over that and it drops to 16-17 pretty quick.