• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco dreams have been crushed!!

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Not literally, but it will most likely end that way. I've been looking at this Bronco for about a year and a half now. Lately the yard that it is in is being cleaned out per order of town. There is everything there from construction equipment, school busses filled with copper pipe and aluminum bodied milk delivery trucks...a treasure trove of scrap. I drive by it every day and no change in this Bronco's location or surroundings, but everything in the back is getting taken away. Chassis', scrap steel, iron pipe...mostly crap. I've met with the owner several times given him my number and name to call me when the truck is to be sold. This truck is complete as they come. Bench seat, bulkhead, '66 knobs and grill. It's all there...then my buddy sends me a text...a local auto dismantler has their mits on it for parts...Might as well scrap it now, they won't restore it like I had planned and wanted to do. They'll rip it apart and scrap the rest.
Shameful...I'm pissed.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/pts/3047478032.html

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
get in touch with him and tell him how you have been looking to purchase it for some time and see what he says...

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
If this place has it, he's already made the deal. First time I asked about it he wanted $1,100...next time he wanted $1,500...next.time after that it was $1,200...of course every time someone else *JUST* got there and made him an offer...ya, okay. Typical border until the town went after his ass.

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
The dismantler has a ton of his stuff listed....

So...who needs early 60's Bronco parts with 22,000 miles on them. No, I'm not kidding.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
That sucks, man. I always hate having one get away from me. Had it happen with a '67 recently.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Yes that suck for sure.. I lost my High School car about like that.. Kid wanted 1300.00 for it .. I open my billfold and showed him 800.00 green cash. He wouldn't take it .. Then the next week he sold it to the guy in the wrecking yard for 300.00. Wrecking yard manm ruined it.
.. I ask that kid several times why he didn't come back to me and lost 500 bucks .. He'd just say oh Gene needed it.
..... As a matter of fact I'm still pissed about that.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
when are we going to pay a visit? went to Uxbridge tonight chasing a "project"...what a piece!

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
You were in Uxbridge and you don't stop by?? What's up with that??? ;)
I've paid LOTS of visits. Guy wouldn't sell it. Town is making him sell it now. I'll stop by tomorrow, but I'llget a story, I'm sure. Will update though!!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
That Sucks! Sorry to hear that, maybe Tasker can convince him otherwise! ;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
will only part it? looks pretty good in the pic...