• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco showed me it's new trick today: Roll Over

brian72

Early Bronco Student
hope it is easy to put back together and get it back on the road....insurance gonna help??

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
thanks for all the kind words.

i put it up here as a 'please please, add a cage and tie it in if you are going to lift it' thread.

i know i am extremely lucky. God has another plan for me.

no one understands why i am in such good spirits...I mean, I'm alive. ;D what more do i care. ?:?

As for getting her back up, insurance, have it, but i don't think i am going that direction. I have the lowest legal coverage on the passenger allowed by FL. since i had no passenger and i don't care if she's dented, i'm simply going to do my best to get it back straight, then repaint cheap w/o any other body work.

probably going to replace some suspension components and convince my Pa to help me finance some rear discs...

In the end, i don't care. I'm happy to be in good health. I have had to turn my phone off since it's travelling around town and apparently people saw me because it's happening to my dad too...I'm just glad he can say, "NO INJURIES" ;D ;D ;D ;D

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
it's nice to see these vehicles are so safe. do you have front disc brakes?

on another note, i hope you find the SOB that cut you off and beat him half to death. there's just not enough of these broncos left for people to be helping us destroy. especially 77's. i deal with idiots every 5 minutes or less in so cal.

my mom and i want to design a gun that shoots bowling balls at cars. funny thing is i can visuallize a bowling ball lodged in the back of a beamer. THOOP!!! ;D

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
74horse said:
Glad to hear you came through it ok. You have the right attitude. Did it happen in Gainesville?

nope, happened about 2 miles from my home in Jacksonville, in front of Naval Air Station - Jax.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Glad to see you came out OK. Sorry that you will have to reinvest in bodywork. The rear discs do sound better and better. I have had to lock mine up on the interstate before and mine started to kick out a little, guess I have been lucky too. Take care and next time, just bump him and let him know your there...if he ends up on a quarter panel and you can show that he came into your lane, I do believe it puts the accident on him. Definitely why I am eventually going the attack-bumper route.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you don't mind, I would like to know more about your tires and your brakes. I have 35's too. Mine are 12.5. Do you keep them at full pressure? Disc brakes or drums in back?

This seems like a time when side grip tires might be a bad thing.

Jeff in AZ

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Glad your safe.
Gravity sucks. Next time hit the bastard there will be less damage to you and your truck. I dont advet hurting anyone but some times the gene pool needs to be adjusted. Parking your rig on their trunk gets their attention.

jaxfirebonco

WOW! While working on my eb sunday my friend who was helping told me he saw a bonco rolled over. Small world, it was you. He described your bronco to a tee. Glad to hear your O.K. On the westside I think he said.

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
jaxfirebonco said:
WOW! While working on my eb sunday my friend who was helping told me he saw a bronco rolled over. Small world, it was you. He described your bronco to a tee. Glad to hear your O.K. On the westside I think he said.

I was at the 'fast light' in front the NAS warehouses leaving Orange Park.
if you ever want some help, give me a PM

mine just got home today (had to make space at the parents house). It's about time to get in there and really see what needs to be fixed.
my dad was looking at it and the whole tub might be tweaked. :-[ if that's so, i don't know what to do. might have to start breaking her down...sell her suspension and drivetrain off to support the body work i may run into... :-X

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
the rollover sucks big! - you are ok which is most important!
To see all the damage really will make me be careful on the road, especially since there are a lot of dum@$$ drivers out there that give me those dark fantasies. Mine is my daily driver and I really need a cage (but I do have a hardtop) - cage will be in this summer for sure!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Glad to see you ok Jax, if you find the guy who cut you off make sure you cut his off :-X
Hopefully the bronco isn't too bad to fix.