• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

my full width build ***1 tons and dovetail**

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Super cool, good job on that rear end!

thank you, still waiting on some more parts to come. was hoping to fire the motor up this weekend, not sure if that will still work out. prob have about 2-3 hrs left to completely finish the rear dovetail...then we move the front to stretch it out about 2" to make up for tappering it. have to start building the inner structure that will hold it all together.%)

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
got the front clip moved forward about 1.5" to match the hood. still have some more body work to do. feels awesome rolling this thing out of the garage!!!!;D here are some pics for yall...
4x4pics3426.jpg

4x4pics3427.jpg

4x4pics3428.jpg

4x4pics3429.jpg

4x4pics3430.jpg

4x4pics3431.jpg

4x4pics3432.jpg

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
thank ya dude! ill post some more pics soon, been working on the inner structure and rad. core support.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
you could still fit a stock rear seat couldn't you?

i dont have a stock one, but its the fold and tumble from tom's...and yes you can. i didnt move the rear fender wells in (toward the center)any, just stretched them forward 6". Im not sure if its will bolt right in now where it was, cuz now im gonna have a fuel cell behind it, so it may need to move forward just a touch.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
here are some pics of the front tube work. i still need to run some supports from the bottom to the upper bar. we also decided to move both the front body mounts forward. from the side with the fenders on, the stuck out like a sore thumb. so now they are closer to the frame and further toward the end of the frame.
4x4pics3445.jpg

4x4pics3446.jpg

4x4pics3447.jpg

4x4pics3448.jpg

4x4pics3449.jpg

4x4pics3450.jpg

4x4pics3451.jpg

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking great Chuck! Are you going to add tabs for the fenders to bolt to? You've got a lot more room than I do b/w the steering box and core support.

How big of a PITA was stretching the fenders. I took the easy way out and shortened the hood.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Looking great Chuck! Are you going to add tabs for the fenders to bolt to? You've got a lot more room than I do b/w the steering box and core support.

How big of a PITA was stretching the fenders. I took the easy way out and shortened the hood.

after i flush welded the nuts for the radiator...i think i will do the same thing for the fenders.(Fender Trimming)the fenders were pretty easy, cut in the middle, add a 2" metal piece shaped to the body and bolt back to the grill and door post. we had very little that needed trimming and welding on the grill, but we were able to bend the grill out just a touch to meet the fenders...we got the front clip done Sat. night, then built the front tube work Sunday night.

....just got the upper radiator supports done. i flush welded 5/16th nuts into the tubing, cuz i have no room under the upper bar to threw bolt the bracket.it wasnt that bad, so i might just do all the other nuts flush for mounting the fenders and grill in. a few more pics...
4x4pics3452.jpg

4x4pics3453.jpg

4x4pics3454.jpg

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
got some more done tonight. installed the new Duff extreme lower 1 piece coil buckets. these are really nice, i like how the coils sit in them. welded up the track bar riser, and installed the track bar. however, im gonna shorten the track bar a few inches. its adjustable, but its adjusted all the way in right now. also had to cut the original shock mounts off the duff shock hoops, they interfered with the booster/master cylinder. i sleeved the hoop with some 1/2 ID x .120 DOM...so now the front shocks are mounted. a few pics...
4x4pics3458.jpg

4x4pics3459.jpg

4x4pics3460.jpg

4x4pics3464.jpg

4x4pics3465.jpg

4x4pics3466.jpg

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
:eek: CHUCK, that looks SICK! What's the wheelbase? I take it your going with ram assist? Rig's looking bad arse!!! It's come a really long way. Nice work! :cool: I am so stinking jealous right now, it ain't even funny! Damn, that's nice! She looks ready to take a beating! :p

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
:eek: CHUCK, that looks SICK! What's the wheelbase? I take it your going with ram assist? Rig's looking bad arse!!! It's come a really long way. Nice work! :cool: I am so stinking jealous right now, it ain't even funny! Damn, that's nice! She looks ready to take a beating! :p
Axel, thanks...i think the wheel base is right @ 94". i will 4 link it and extend that to about 100-103, whenever i can. i do have a complete ram assist i plan to run. I know i only have about 3 weeks left...still aa lot to do:eek:

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I been follopwing your buils on pirate also, nice work. I just picked up a 91' Dana 60. What year is the one you have?

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Nice work! :eek:

thank you:cool:

...got some hood shocks for it today from BCB's. Gregg from Al's Alt. is really nice. They supply the alternator for the on board premier welders. I bought a super nice used kit from my buddy, however he had the universal mount alt. i had to order the ford small case to mount on the 5.0EFI. they sent the wrong one, but he's casting me a brand new one, and i can modify this one to get me running sooner;D also got a smaller puller to spin it faster. Gonna try and get something done tonight, cuz i know i wont be able to do anything 2maro:p