• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My neighbor built me a drop down for the dash

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
So I had Ben(73stallion) build me a cardboard template for a dash drop down. And I took down the street to a high school kid that is in metal shop and asked him to build me one.

Well three days pass and as I am driving by their house they flag me down and bang!!! there it is. The father of the son took it to his work and made it for me! I didn't even know he had the shop at his work to do it but it is beautiful.

When I offered to pay for it he refused and said don't worry about it. It looks like someone is going to get a bottle of his favorite whiskey soon!

Matt

Attachments

• bronco 001.jpg
    bronco 001.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 135
  • bronco 002.jpg
    bronco 002.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 82
  • bronco 003.jpg
    bronco 003.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I am guessing that it goes right above the tranny tunnel ?:?
put it on the bronco so we can see where it goes and don't make your pictures so small ... how are any of us supposed to steal your design with those little bitty pictures ;D ;D ;D

howiebilt

OP
OP
mkaenel

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
Fixed the pic's and yes right on top of the tunnel.

Matt

I am guessing that it goes right above the tranny tunnel ?:?
put it on the bronco so we can see where it goes and don't make your pictures so small ... how are any of us supposed to steal your design with those little bitty pictures ;D ;D ;D

howiebilt

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
put it on the bronco so we can see where it goes and don't make your pictures so small ... how are any of us supposed to steal your design with those little bitty pictures ;D ;D ;D howiebilt

Now that's funny

How about big pictures of Howiebilt II Cad if possible;D

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
So... are you going to fill it with gages , or a CD player , or a bunch of really kule toggle switches that turn stuff on and off ???

howiebilt

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
wonder if i or someone could make a CAD drawing with measurements so people could make their own or have someone make them? i have the measurements in my head if someone wants to try.

OP
OP
mkaenel

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
I have the template and the final product. I would be more than happy to share it. Ben knows I am in no hurry to get it done.

Matt

wonder if i or someone could make a CAD drawing with measurements so people could make their own or have someone make them? i have the measurements in my head if someone wants to try.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I'd be happy to create 2d drawingds and 3d models for you.
Just sent me the info via email, bronko69er at hotmail dot com
Probably easiest to make a sketch with dimensions and scan it, or photoshop in the dimensions on one of the pics and send it to me.