• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My New Bronco

Guyver

Okay folks, I'm new to the whole Bronco thing, even though I have always admired them. My last 4x4 was a built 1964 Scout converted to a Chevy 350. It had overdrive and racing suspension. I loved that beast and it was pretty much bullet proof. Here is what I got Broncowise on Ebay for $4,300.00. This is from the auction text. To me it looks like a solid base to build from. I want to lower it to a reasonable height, swap out for disc brakes front and rear and swap out the tranny. I'm not sure what to go with though C-4, C-6 or an NP435. I plan on installing A/C and I want good driveability on the street combined with off-road prowess and durability. Any suggestions? Tell me I did good on this one. ~Gene

1973 FORD BRONCO
50,535 ORIG. MILES BASED ON YEARLY INSPECTION RECORDS FROM THE STATE OF COLORADO WHICH HAS DATE AND MILEAGE FOR EACH YEAR
IT HAS BEEN LIFTED 8 INCHES AND HAS 35 INCH GOODYEAR MTR TIRES WITH HALF TREAD LEFT ON THEM AND 15 INCH BEAD LOCK WHEELS
THE INTERIOR HAS BEEN REDONE AND IS IN DECENT SHAPE. IT IS FULLY CARPETED FRONT TO BACK WITH NICE TAN CUT PILE CARPET AND FEELS COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE UNLIKE MOST BRONCOS THAT DONT HAVE FULL INTERIOR, HEADLINER, AND CARPET.
THE ENGINE IS THE ORIGINAL 302. IT HAS A EDELBROCK PERFORMER INTAKE MANIFOLD, EDELBROCK CARB, ACCEL PLUG WIRES, MALLORY UNILITE POINTS CONVERSION KIT IN THE DISTRIBUTOR, FLAME THROWER COIL AND M/T VALVE COVERS AND POWER STEERING.
THE TRANSMISSION IS A THREE SPEED COLUMN SHIFTED AND IS ORIGINAL.
THE TRANSFER CASE IS ORIGINAL AND WORKS GREAT.
IT HAS A 9 INCH REAR END WITH A LOCKER. THE BRAKES WERE REPLACED JUST BEFORE I GOT IT.
FRONT END HAS A LOCKER AND HAS HAD NEW WHEEL BEARINGS AND DRUM BRAKES JUST BEFORE I GOT IT.
DRIVE LINES ARE TIGHT AND HAVE GOOD U JOINTS.

115006493.jpg

115006506.jpg

115006530.jpg

115006522.jpg

115006555.jpg

115006560.jpg

115006587.jpg

115006575.jpg

OP
OP
Guyver

Guyver

Rust

There is only one area of rust starting on the pasenger side kick panel. Just bubbling paint at this point. ~Gene

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
My bronco was solid brown when I bought it 11 yrs ago, it was cool like that. It then made a transition to drk cherry and now wants to return to the original green, although it may end up charcoal. Although Broncos look good in almost any color. Yours looks to be in decent shape and with some goodies already installed to boot. Make sure you check under the carpet in both of the front floorboards, thats where the real rust lurks. If you have the time, pull the entire interior to find out what lurking underneath. That way you might be able to catch it and kill it before it goes too far. Looks like you got yourself a runner. Enjoy.

70bronc

Loc.
st. peters, MO
man, check out that old school winch!! that thing rocks, you did good. You will be a happy man thats for sure. where you located at again?

76 Explorerette

Loc.
Oklahoma City
looks good! The seats look comfy which is important for the trails. I'm jealous ;D I will be soo happy when we get new seats. Right now ours are the hard plastic ones and if you hit a bump you better lean forward lol.

OP
OP
Guyver

Guyver

Southern California

I'm in Southern California, the Bronco was in Wyoming and is being delivered to my parents house in Utah. I'm flying up at the end of the month to drive it home. ~Gene

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
Guyver said:
I'm in Southern California, the Bronco was in Wyoming and is being delivered to my parents house in Utah. I'm flying up at the end of the month to drive it home. ~Gene

What part or so.cal are you in?

Hogback

you did good! the interior looks very comfy. keep us updated on mods!

OP
OP
Guyver

Guyver

Southern California Location

I'm in the Redlands area, which is about an hour east of Los Angeles by San Bernardino. Are you local? Once I get this behemoth I would like some new friends to go four wheeling with. ~Gene

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Gene I'm pretty close to you, up in Cherry Valley. I'd love to see your rig up close once you get it here. Looks like a pretty good rig from the pics. Where do you teach? My wife teaches in Yucaipa. Lots of Bronco folks here in So Cal. Hook up with So Cal Broncos to hang with the brotherhood.

Dusty

66broncofan

Contributor
Nice bronco and welcome

looks like a pretty straight little rig - nic find! You will enjoy it I'm sure!

OP
OP
Guyver

Guyver

So Cal

Dusty,

I'm right by you in Calimesa. I say the Redlands area because usually no one knows where the heck Calimesa is. I'd love to get together and show you the Bronco when I bring it home at the end of the month. Shortly thereafter I will be swapping out the wheels and putting bumpers on it. That'll be the start. I gotta hit the sack. ~Gene