• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My new front bumper build

Brianut

Finally broke down and decided to build my front bumper, started last monday with a pile of parts, a few late nights in the garage and some weekend time and as of last night it was mounted, with winch and lights wired and working.

finalized my rough design last weekend, bought metal on Monday and finished it up yesterday.
A bit of a combo of a plate and tube bumper, winch mount, two shakle mounts and set up for 3 Mall Lights ;D

A few small areas of fine detail that I wish were better but I am kinda tough on myself , and my ADHD kicked in %) and I was ready to be done with it so it is what it is.

here are the pictures from cardboard prototype to completion

Lemme know what you think

here it is from start to finish

Idea

ShootingandBroncoBumper015.jpg

pile of materials
ShootingandBroncoBumper017.jpg

ShootingandBroncoBumper018.jpg

ShootingandBroncoBumper019.jpg

ShootingandBroncoBumper021.jpg

ShootingandBroncoBumper024.jpg

ShootingandBroncoBumper026.jpg

What a 4 year old sees when looking through the camera

ShootingandBroncoBumper033.jpg

ShootingandBroncoBumper030.jpg

in the paint booth

ShootingandBroncoBumper079.jpg

basically finished just need to add lights and mount winch

ShootingandBroncoBumper080.jpg

and done

ShootingandBroncoBumper131.jpg

ShootingandBroncoBumper130.jpg

Hopefully it meets the approval of the Bronco Gods :)

dixieboyz13

Loc.
Johns Island
Thats awesome! Ihave been looking to build one almost just like that for myself, just been too busy/lazy to do it. How much did it end up costing to make your own?

OP
OP
B

Brianut

Yes the backside is open,didnt want the weight and with 3/16 for the main and 1/4 for the winch plate it is hell for stout. total cost about $150 figuring in a little for weld wire and gas, metal, sanding disks and grinding wheels.

I already had the large tube for the light bar(might have added $30-$40) made my light tabs, some grade 8- 1/2" bolts and nuts.

total labor is who knows what?, thankfully i work for free..

STD its bolted on, 6 1/2" grade 8's.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
its bad ... how much w. shipping to FL ??? lol jk !!!

whats holding it to the frame ?? 2 bolts ??

OP
OP
B

Brianut

its bad ... how much w. shipping to FL ??? lol jk !!!

whats holding it to the frame ?? 2 bolts ??

Shipping quote is $1200 ;D only cause I am tired of grinding.

It has 6 1/2" bolts. the 4 stock mounts (frame was in good shape there) and I extended the bottom winch plate a few inches back and added another one on each side on the bottom about 3" back from the stock location.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Sexyyy. I like the way you made the winch mount lower to prevent the radiator from getting blocked.
Bumper is Approved by me looks good.;)

hannibal61577

Loc.
BOISE
Thanks for sharing pictures. I hope to be building a bumper this winter and was wondering how to start.

Your bumper looks great!

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well im no "Bronco God" but I approve! Nice Job man!