• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

my ride runs a little hot at idle 210

Kelpsniper

Loc.
Ft. Lewis/Tacoma
i was thinking of replacing my radiator and maybe my fan to an eletric any recommendations on what to switch to. Im thinking a push fan. i have a 302 w/ rv cam 670 holley , stock radiator, 435np thanks for the help.....by the way how do you post pics

OP
OP
Kelpsniper

Kelpsniper

Loc.
Ft. Lewis/Tacoma
rad was flushed out a month ago and i do have a shoud. one thing that is wrong with the rad is the nipple that feeds the overflow tank is broken.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
rad was flushed out a month ago and i do have a shoud. one thing that is wrong with the rad is the nipple that feeds the overflow tank is broken.

210 isn't really that bad just sitting.I would watch it though,As for posting pic's go on below the reply where it says Additional Options and see add photo;D

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Might want to check the water level just to make sure its not to low since your overflow is not hooked up. Most likely a electric fan alone will not cool your engine. Most of the aftermarket fans just dont work well enough for a EB.
When you say the radiator was flushed was it professionally flushed? or just flushed at home? A new or professionally flushed/rodded radiator might help.

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I had that problem and then I ordered a 3 core aluminum radiator on ebay for like $180. It runs super cool in the city, but will get up to about 211 or so on the highway. I also have an electric fan from WH that probably helps.

PS... I live in Tucson AZ and it is regularly around 105-115 degrees out

major

Loc.
Knoxville
Mine runs 210 at idle on days over 90 degrees. When its 70 out like now it won't get above 180. I have that aluminum ebay radiator, serp set up with flex-a-lite 7 blade steel fan. The t'stat is a 180 Mr Gasket high flow.

I have a new shroud I haven't put on yet and I have yet to run the AC since my condensor is in front of the radiator.

I will let you know the temp difference when I put the shroud on in a few weeks.

heuer21

Loc.
Indianapolis
I run 170 driving around the city, 180-185 on highway, and about 190 in a traffic jam. This is all when its around 95 give or take outside.
No shroud, metal fan, Be Cool radiator, External transmission cooler.
Stock 302, C4 Transmission, stock powertrain. 31.5" tires. 1973.

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
I added a air dam on the top of the core support (flashing from home depot $5), a smaller pulley to spin fan faster, kicked up my idle to 900, added a 190 Tstat, fixed blade fan and put a electric push fan on the front for when im in traffic and on the trail. It has worked great. Hard to chase those heat goblins down sometime!