• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NAPA Saginaw ps pump?

ashuss

Loc.
Littleto CO
I have installed a NAPA saginaw ps pump in my 76. I run 35" MTR's 4.88's and a detroit, on both ends. The pump is a lot better than the oringinal Ford pump, but still starts to whine, and gets real hard to steer after a little while. I'm going to install a twin stick setup, and I know that will help, being able to take the front end out, and stay in low, but is there a better ps pump out there. I realy don't want to go to a ram assist if I don't have to. Will a remote reservoir help?

ravinlun

Loc.
Hernando, MS
Sounds like you may still have some air in the system. Did you go thru the bleeding process? I know from my own experience it is tough to get all the air out of the system.

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
More fluid will help is it getting hot if so look for a cooler. I have a remote reservoir and a cooler if I run hard in 4 wheel drive it gets very HOT !

OP
OP
A

ashuss

Loc.
Littleto CO
I have a cooler, on it and I have gone through the long and painfull bleeding prosses, so I don't think it has air in the system. I put the front end up on jacks, turn the wheels to the stops, and shut it off for 5min, then repeat with the cap off the pump, five or six times. No bubles and no eruption out the top.

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
Twin stick it so you can run low 2 wheel drive with the Det. it will be hard to keep the fluid cool. mine will heat up too if i leave the ARB in :cry:

Yellow76

As for the twin stick check out JBfab.net, he builds the stainless twinsticks. I have had three sets on three different vehicles and not a problem with any. If you have any questions just shoot Jon an email off his website and he will get right back to you. Oh yeah, I getting ready to put a cooler on my set up as well.