• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need A Lil' Help!!!

texfire

Loc.
LTOWN, TEXAS
It's been a few weeks since I started her up, so I recently went out into the garage to take her out for a spin. I turned the key and there was a hesitant stutter from the motor and she proceeded to crank. I didn't think anything of it. I figured the battery was old and it just needed some time to regain energy. After about 5 minutes she roared like she always does and everything seemed right. After about 10 minutes of letting her idle I pulled out of the garage and turned off the engine. I tried to turn her back on again and I got that stuttering that happened in the begining when I first tried to start her. This time I started to smell plastic burning and darted to the hood, I opened it up to find my solenoid smoking. I noticed the negative wire on my solenoid was hanging on by a thread and didn't mess with it. I just figured since it had been a while since it had juice go through it maybe that's what happens. If this has already happen to you how did you take care of it? If someone would be kind enough to shed some light on the problem I'm having It'd be much appreciated. I just had her rewired last year and I don't wanna get rid of her but my wife (I wish I could have her rewired!) keeps telling me she's a money pit. Come on guys/girls help me out!!!!

In need, Tex

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Put a new solenoid and batter cables on it... the poor connection is what caused it to heat up and melt.. My 69 Stang solenoid hung one time when I took it to Sears to have the tires balanced.. I came back after a bit and looked out the window to find my hood up.. I said WTF!! How do you get to the wheels via the hood :) Luckily it was a guy with some sense and he took the batt terminal off before it messed up the starter..