• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need a NP205 expert

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
Alright so I took the whole case apart pretty much with no hiccups. My problem is I only knocked out 2 roll pins (the ones that hold the shifter rails and forks together), but when I got everything out of the case, there were 3 roll pins sitting in the bottom.

I used this diagram

http://www.nitpik.com/dan/truck/specs/np205/transfer_case.html

to help identify what the 3rd one goes to. The only other pin I see is on the rear output shaft (2183 in the diagram) but there is definitely no way a pin fell out of there. The only other place I see where a roll pin might go is on the Idler Shaft. There is a sleeve that slides over the shaft between the bearings which has a hole that lines up with a hole on the shaft itself. The thing thats throwing me off is it's not shown in the schematic.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nik

OP
OP
nik

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
No ideas? Could someone have driven one of the shift rail pins out and instead of retrieving it just left it and drove another one in instead?