• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need advice -Weber carb leaking and making noise

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I rebuilt and installed a weber carb on my 200 six with an adapter from Langdon's Stovebolt. I drove it for the first time today and it runs good, but when I got home I shut if off and checked it out and notice gas dripping from it onto the hot manifold (not good). Anyway, if you pull the vaccuum advance line off gas leaks out of it and it seems to be leaking around the butterfly shafts. After a few minutes, it quit dripping. I can also hear a kind of gurgling noise coming from it like it is bleading off pressure or draining. Do you think the fuel pressure is to high? Need some advice, the carb was used, do i need to just buy a new one or what? It helped the power a good bit over the one barrel.

thanks.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Most likely its a heat soak issue. I would try either installing a thick heat insolator type gasket or a plastic spacer to help minimize heat soak.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is not really a 'leak' you see around the throttle shaft; that is simply a place where all the gas that is spilling over from the float bowl through and out the annular ring in the venturi can escape. The problem is either that the fuel pressure is too high (aggravated by 'heat soak' perhaps) or the float is heavy or out of adjustment.

OP
OP
bigcountry

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys. I ordered a pressure regulator today. I will let you know if that fixes it.

OP
OP
bigcountry

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i appreciate everyones advice and help. I finally got it fixed today. I rebuilt the carb before installing it and apparently it had a bad needle and seat for the float. I had adjusted the float several times and it was correct. I went back and put the old needle and seat back in, and it solved the problem. It is running pretty good right now. Thanks for the help.