• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Distributor

fastride

Loc.
Tuscaloosa,Alabama
I have a 74 302 and I am needing to get a distributor for it. Can somebody please tell me what the best distributor that I need to get for this motor. The motor is stock.
Thanks

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, the simplest way to if you are keeping it stock would be a replacement distributor from a parts store like Napa. The Bronco and Mustang parts stores should have a quality distributor as well. Good luck

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
I like petronix. if you put it on u can get rid of brain or control module

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
After a couple failed pertronix I stepped up to an hei. I spent the extra $$for the dui unit because some of the guys were having trouble with the cheaper ones like pro comp

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
X2 SteveL. After 2 pertronix went out in me and left me stranded, I spent the cash and went MSD and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Well then you have a Duraspark system.
If your cam is stock, you should be able to go to a good part store.
When I say "good part store" I mean one the professionals would go to. Something like NAPA. Otherwise, you will get a distributor that fits the hole, but is incorrectly curved for your particular cam.