• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need front view pics of Cage Dual Shock hoops

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I have a set of the New Cage Offroad Dual Shock Hoops on order. However I would like to see a picture of what they look like from the front.

The only picture I have seen so far is this one
P1010035.JPG

I am a little concerned that if it only mounted to the frame on the rear, and then only to the spring tower, It may not be strong enough.

So if anyone has any other pictures on how the front mounts, or if you have one yet, how do you think it will hold up??

I am also getting a little tired of waiting. It has been at least 3 weeks since I ordered them. I am now waiting to see if they can send me them bare so I can powder coat them. If they will send me them bare I want to powdercoat them orange.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
I think it would be plenty strong. The Spring Tower is holding 1/4 of the weight of the truck, All the shocks are doing is dampining the movement of the spring. There will be stress there dont get me wrong but I think that design is more than strong enough. ;D That is unless you are going to be doing a lot of jumping in your rig or something. Then I think you may be correct in being concerned.

Kris

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
The stock mounts are only mounted to the frame. And I think they're only welded along the bottom and top. I'll find out soon because I'm going to install the F250 mounts.

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Not to thread hijack too much here, but has anyone found any shock hoops that work with fenderwell headers with little to no modification? These cage hoops look like they fit pretty tight, but it may just be the angle of the pic.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Donsbolt- I talked to Scott @ Cage yesterday and he said the mounts were going to powder coating today or tomorrow and would ship next week. I asked to get mine rattle canned and shipped out ASAP as I will be galvanizing the whole frame/mounts/etc, so the PC finish is not important to me. I think he said he would go ahead and ship, but I was at work and got distracted %) ...come on, I am trying to take care of important business here--Bronco business-keep it down!. YOu amy want to call first thing tomorrow...although at this point, with Christmas this weekend and everything in the shipping industry being so busy, they probably wont make it much quicker if they shipped this week vs the first of next week. I know how you feel, I was hoping mine would be in by now...I have next week off. Scott said that they had no idea how much of a hit these new products would be...he mentioned they just went through a production run of 70 sets of the arms and 30 were already sold/shipped. :eek: Sounds like there will be alot of us styling and flexing the new technology this next year.

As far as strength of the front dual mounts, I thought about this myself, but I came to the realization that there is really not any difference structurally vs the hoop-style mount (which have a tab for center support on the spring tower). All the load transfer would be on the spring tower at the center anyway, and if your not using the front part of the hoop for triple shocks or the dual front/back of axle shock configuration, why bother having that portion of the hoop..??

I hope you get your goodies soon. Best to all my bronco-brethren.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Yo Psycho

I hope you have better luck than I had with them.

I was first told I would be in on the first batch and they would just be painted. After no hearing anything for a few weeks I called, and told plans had changed and all of them would be powder coated. They keep getting pushed back a week or so.

I really don't want silver anyways, so I asked them to just send them to me bare, but no they can't do that. I have allready postponed some other work that will also require welding that I want to get done at the same time I do the hoops.

I am about ready to buy some hoops from another vender