• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need help evaluating this 68 U14

papy

Contributor
Unmolested and uncut... Amazing true barn find! Not sure what this Bronco is worth. Seller tells me its all original, 68 U14, 3spd 170, PTO winch, original owner with 66,000 miles. Also says very little rust. He has very little patience with questions and is not able to check the truck for major rust spots due to health reasons. Passengers side rocker panel and lower door looks beat up. Could just be the picture is not clear.

What is the worst case scenario value and best case scenario value???

This is the only pic i have to go off of that was sent to me

your thoughts
thanks

Attachments

• 68 barn find.jpg
    68 barn find.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 156

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Looks like it has lots of potential but very difficult to tell from just that picture. There could be like a $10,000+ difference in price based on the condition. Is it close enough for you to go check out and get some more pictures?

OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
Its a bit of a haul. Just wondering what to offer the guy with out insulting him.

I am hoping to get an idea on what has been sold/bought in the past to get an average price in mind

tough to do with one picture

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If you don't what to insult him you might start by asking him what he wants for it. It might even be a lot less than you are willing to offer.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Agree with slowleak. Is this in Canada too? Assuming it's a v8, looks like a v8 pto winch from what I can tell in the pic. Wonder if it's got a km/h speedometer? :)

AlbertaU14

Very unlikely on the speedometer. Canada didn't change from imperial to metric until September 1977. Cars weren't required to have metric speedometers until around that time.

OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
So the 68 U14 went to auction. It was a complete rust free truck and it was all complete. The bed floor was mint with not even one dent in it. the undercarriage was also mint. The 170 ran just like it was new. The doors need to be adjusted a little and the half cab looked like a tree branch fell across it from front to back. All in all the truck was a 7/10
She sold for $7700 to the highest bidder. I own three EB and a near mint 79 ranger. It was out of range for me to have this 68 as space and $$ are not in the game for me right now.

I hope the new owner appreciates the truck for what it is and doesn't use it as a farm rig to haul logs out the woods with. Too nice of a truck for that

cheers