• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need help finding a hose and what does this part do?

Samsonxd

I need help finding a hose I have tried everywhere locally and no one it seems can help me. What are you guys using and where are you getting your repacement hoses?

When I got the bronco the hose was not hooked up to anything and only a small piece of the original hose was left on the black box so I am not sure if it is even a big deal but I figured at one time it went from pic 1 to the connector on pic 2. Also what is that box for?

Thanks all.

2011-08-04_14-23-59_915-1.jpg

2011-08-04_14-24-08_499.jpg

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
charcoal cannister.captures fuel vapors from tank or tanks and carb.smog stuf.keep it.hook that nipple on aircleaner to the tube on cannister.

turbotim2

The black box is the evap canister and the hose was used to vent it. I am not sure where you can a new one.

JLBachs

Isn't the hose to that just a convoluted plastic tube? The tube that comes with some small air pumps (for airbeds and things) might work - may not be as heat resistant as the original though

OP
OP
S

Samsonxd

Isn't the hose to that just a convoluted plastic tube? The tube that comes with some small air pumps (for airbeds and things) might work - may not be as heat resistant as the original though

Thanks all for the help the piece I have as a sample seems to be an aluminum hose covered inside and out with paper. I was thinking of getting 1 inch heater hose to slap on it till something else turns up any reason I couldn't or shouldn't thanks all.

72_EB

66to77
The early Mustang vendors carry that foil/emissions hose that goes from the charcoal canister to the air cleaner. We need to get the Bronco vendors to start carrying it too. Some might. I never asked.

OP
OP
S

Samsonxd

Hey that would be great what would be a name I could contact thanks

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
It's not critical. The worst that could happen if you leave both open is insects in the charcoal canister, which won't hurt it. If you can't find the hose, just get a 2nd cap (never seen blue before - most are black) for the canister, and a big rubber cover for the nipple on the air cleaner. Your setup is like the R side of this diagram, but yours purges thru the front (lower) small hose in your 1st pic. The missing hose is just another fresh air duct.

OP
OP
S

Samsonxd

Thanks all for the help I just slapped some heater hose on there for the time being.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
No, the missing hose is on the hi-pressure (atmospheric) side of the throttle. The smaller rubber hose going below the air cleaner is on the manifold vacuum side, so that's where the fumes move toward the engine. The missing tube simply carries some warm air (from the stovepipe) into the canister to help purge it.