• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help/inst/fuel Main/aux Switch

72moore

Does anyone know how the aux main switch works?
Must it be grounded (installed to the dash before it will read correctly?)
All my other instruments read correctly, thinking the switch is bad.
Also I only have two wires that hook to the switch but six possible places to put wires????Man I hate working on the electrical think I'll go take some pics

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
3 wires. 1 comes from the main tank, 1 from the aux tank, 1 goes to the guage. the one for the guage goes in the middle.

OP
OP
72moore

72moore

pic?

could you send a pic of this? don't understand middle?
thank you for reply :)

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Here is the proper way to wire that sucker. If you aren't running an electronic switch for the tanks, ignore those lines!

Cheers!

MnkyBiz

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
if this helps clarify a bit... the switch is double pole double throw. that means the switch has 2 positions, and 3 sets of contacts. the top and bottom contacts are hooked up the same way, so it doesnt matter if you use the top or bottom. that set is for the elctric transfer switch, at least thats what i use it for.

so as 73 said- one wire from each sending unit, and the wire to the gauge go one the three contacts. plug em in and see what happens you will know if its right. you can make a little jumper and bypass the switch if you need to trouble shoot. that way you can see that everything works.

i dont have efi, so monkey's picture is way more complicated than my setup.

OP
OP
72moore

72moore

THANKS!!!!!!! i APPRECIATE

MnkyBiz said:
Here is the proper way to wire that sucker. If you aren't running an electronic switch for the tanks, ignore those lines!

Cheers!

MnkyBiz
tHANK yOU mBIZ the diagram helps alot will use it when putting back
togeather. And thanks to all others that replied to my thread ;D

OP
OP
72moore

72moore

Yes

jbeyer said:
if this helps clarify a bit... the switch is double pole double throw. that means the switch has 2 positions, and 3 sets of contacts. the top and bottom contacts are hooked up the same way, so it doesnt matter if you use the top or bottom. that set is for the elctric transfer switch, at least thats what i use it for.

so as 73 said- one wire from each sending unit, and the wire to the gauge go one the three contacts. plug em in and see what happens you will know if its right. you can make a little jumper and bypass the switch if you need to trouble shoot. that way you can see that everything works.

i dont have efi, so monkey's picture is way more complicated than my setup.
This was very helpfull ;D

OP
OP
72moore

72moore

thanks

73stallion said:
3 wires. 1 comes from the main tank, 1 from the aux tank, 1 goes to the guage. the one for the guage goes in the middle.
Thank you for your reply, helpfull ;D