• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help Picking Paint color for my bronco....

BroncoStar

Loc.
League City Texas
Well Im ready to send it to the paint booth and I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT COLOR I WANT TO PAINT IT!!!!!!!

I would like to see as many pictures of broncos possible and thought i would create a thread here instead of searching through google .

Just post your bronco and the name of the color it is .
THank yall so much !!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ford Blue

Some form of Green lol :cool:

Attachments

• Rdy2Roll01.jpg
    Rdy2Roll01.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0993.jpg
    DSC_0993.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 36

MartyG

Bronco Guru
Well...if you're going not-so-subtle, try "Papaya Orange (it's an Audi color) and vintage white:
img0332j.jpg

Also...start looking in the Member's Gallery...lots of pics of some GREAT Broncos in there.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'm partial to stone white (Dodge). Metallic red/ burgandy on new Fords, slate blue on Land Rovers, and pepper white on Mini Coops. I'm like you I would need help choosing!!!

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you help narrow it down a bit , or are you that undecided ?

Metallic or not ?

a classic old style type color or something more modern ?

dark color or light color ?

as an example , I usually prefer deep rich colors , metallics mostly :

Candy Brandywine - (maroon from HoK )
Black Sapphire - ( Volvo /BMW / others - very very dark metallic blue , almost looks black sometimes)
2000 Rangerover Green - Nice dark metallic green , think army green , but shiny and metallic
What do you prefer ?

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Heres some gunmetal Broncos

One from the celebration and one I'm enamored by

Attachments

• 100_3855.jpg
    100_3855.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Quarters.jpg
    Quarters.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 83

hdfx81

I vote for Grabber Blue

Attachments

• 100_0047.jpg
    100_0047.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 32

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Rattle can gunmetal grey before......Sunset Orange Metallic after (you don't want that color though. No one does and everyone hates it;D)

Attachments

• finished_side.jpg
    finished_side.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00829.jpg
    DSC00829.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
B

BroncoStar

Loc.
League City Texas
I love metalic colors . That orange looks awesome.
I like dark colors dark metalic gray, or so.

I would have never thought picking a color for my build could be this hard but intriguing.

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
It was my hardest build decision. I drove to every car dealership in town. That was the biggest help. See a color you like, look at the window sticker. I ended up picking a BMW color. Also go to the local mall and write down the make and model of colors you like and then search colors for that make and model.

Good luck, you'll change your mind at least twice between now and getting it painted.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hot ginger metalic --there is a gun metal gray halfcab down the road from me that looks real sharp though.It is a hard choice.GM GRANITE BLUE looks good also.ATOMIC ORANGE also wow this is hard ain't it.?:? first pic is not mine. All colors are on here on a thread somewhere. Thats where I found the 1st pic. ,Gene

Attachments

• Hot%20ginger%20Metallic.jpg
    Hot%20ginger%20Metallic.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 3-31-11 002.JPG
    3-31-11 002.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Man oh man what a challenge! I haven't even cracked a nut on mine and I have changed color and diection more than once... I feel for ya with the decision. I am not a fan ofred but after this weekend seeing several red EB's.... there are just too many colors that they look good in.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Personally, I really like the bronco in the vintage Baby Blue that Ford used to paint them. You don't see it that much anymore and I think that it would look SHWEEEET! ;D

My truck would be that color but I got talked out of it by my guy friends who insisted that it was a Chick/Girly color. I say BS! I went with the Burnt Orange that I really like but if my ride ever get repainted it may be getting switched to the vintage Baby Blue/Powder Blue that they used to use.

The other nice thing is that it is not a color that is used all that often at least from what I have seen. Would definitely make the truck stand out in my eyes. :cool:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Like I mentioned, I like the Baby Blue but yes there really are a HUGE amount of color options. There really isn't a bad color for them. That's a good thing though. ;D

Good luck with whatever you choose. I'm sure that it will look nice when it is finished.