• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help Picking Paint color for my bronco....

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Another color I keep pondering is the military uniform colors. A semi-gloss Air Force print would look cool. I'd have to make it on a larger scale considering all the blocks that would have to be cut out. It would be a heckuva nightmare but some nice rewards at the end!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
are you a half full or a half empty guy? Half full, light fun colors. Half empty dark serious tones. Dont like to wash your rig stay away from white and black. Planning to play off road then expect paint damage so stay away from metalics they wont match come time to fix something. Want some one to ohh - ahh your rig and to impress the girls get light bright colors. The easiest way is really to decide what tones you dont want and what colors you hate to narrow the field. I know your pain I got mine down to a few colors and then just grabbed one and ordered the paint so I couldn't think any longer on the options. When all else fails 2 tone it, that way you can only dislike half of it. If you get brain lock just clear coat the primer and be done with it. That way it will look like most of us.
Good luck with your choice in the end it will be the right one for you.

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
I am really liking the Orange one from Wild Horses with black trim, rims, rings, bumpers, naked lady sillouette, top, roll bar, etc.

Attachments

• 0811tr_01_z+1976_ford_broncos+side_angle II.JPG
    0811tr_01_z+1976_ford_broncos+side_angle II.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 37

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
It depends on what your truck is. If it is a mild build or stock then go with a classic or original color. If it is a semi custom show stopper go with a more wild bright color. If it is a trail only crazy rock crawler go with a simple color that is easy to touch up. I like the more classic colors on broncos but that just me!

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Red is the best color for resale and blue second. Hardest colors to sell I think are greens and orange.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
suggestion.. go to some car shows.. nothing like seeing paint in person and how the light reacts to it.. take your time in picking.. but I like intense blue pearl ..
also you may want to pic a newer factory color so you can get a touch up paint at the local parts store..

nosaj2k

Loc.
Green River, WY
Mid 1990's Factory Ford Bimini Blue Poly. Call me crazy, but I wanted to go with a factory Ford color. I remembered really liking this color on the F-150s in the mid-ninetees, so I went with it. The original Bronco color was blue, so I stayed in the same color family :)

Attachments

• 70Bronco_032.jpg
    70Bronco_032.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 32

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
I am going throught the same delimma. I am trying to decide between a silver or an offwhite. Maybe Wimbledon White.