• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help with Speaker placement.

psehring

I have a 1970 bronco and the three last things to do are speakers, cage and fenders. I have no doors and can't find a good spot to put my front two wet sound speakers. Diameter: 6.8” w/grill (172.72mm)
Mounting Depth: 3.3” (84mm)
Hole Cut Out: 5.0” (127mm)
What have any of y'all done without having doors?
this is my fist post and im not sure how to add photos

White Knight

Contributor
Speaker placement

2nd kicker panels from Bronco Hut but you will need to move your parking brake

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Made down firing mounts behind the dash.
45163f9f524c8b6153f775d4797fa104.jpg

21be17ada69c4d698cf3f78ef50ccbfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I'm doing the kick pods w/ 6.5" speakers in the front and 6.5" in the rear. Still trying to figure out sub placement.

Wolverine

I used magnets to place/hold the front speakers under the seats, attached to tub ledge face, facing forward. Not perfect but I didn't have to cut doors or dash. Ran wires under rhino liner, hides the speakers (you can't see them unless you lean over seats to look underneath), sounds great (stereo has L-R and front - rear individual balance, helps compensate for location). And magnets are strong enough (no slip) for medium off roading.

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Jeep TJ Speaker Pod mounted on your cage. Obviously not all cages are the same, but here is what I do for all builds.

No modifying your doors with a large hole.

Wire harness goes into bar and down leg behind driver's seat. Very clean install and kinda blends in with a top installed.

Attachments

• 77 Ranger - Cage Mockup.jpg
    77 Ranger - Cage Mockup.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 77 Ranger - Cage 2.jpg
    77 Ranger - Cage 2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 138

Audifan

Contributor

Attachments

• wfo1.jpg
    wfo1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 96
  • wfo2.jpg
    wfo2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 89
  • wfo3.jpg
    wfo3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 84
  • wfo4 - Copy.jpg
    wfo4 - Copy.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 87

Cortez

Bronco Guru
If you are interested in putting your speakers overhead, WFO concepts makes some killer speaker pods that you can weld to your cage.

http://wfoconcepts.com/pr/Roll-Cage-Speaker-Can-6-5-Speaker/3202/3855

WAY WAY better than the ski boat tower pod look, Plus they are super strong and won't break.

Wow - those suckers are really thick steel! Wonder how it will sound? Oops - just looked at their kit and that’s a half inch ring on top...thought they shipped you a half inch steel cylinder haha.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow - those suckers are really thick steel! Wonder how it will sound? Oops - just looked at their kit and that’s a half inch ring on top...thought they shipped you a half inch steel cylinder haha.

That would change the center of gravity if they where that thick and mounted up high.

OP
OP
P

psehring

Thanks to everyone that reached out. still haven't figured out the picture upload but what I think im going to do is make a custom enclosure to face one speaker at the driver and one at passenger. then back speakers by the wheel well. I also have two rev 8 tower speakers. I Loved the pod idea and might get two just to add a little more oomph

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Not a great picture. But 6.5" RetroSound pods with marine grade speakers.

Attachments

• 20181006_172108.jpg
    20181006_172108.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 113

Audifan

Contributor

LOL. that would make them as good as boat anchors. LOL.

No they are made out of 3/16" steel DOM. That was the wrong link above. It was for the Unwelded version.

They have a welded version that comes ready to go, which is what I got. Here is the correct link:
https://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Roll-Cage-Speaker-Can-6-5-Speaker/3202/3886

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
If you've got spreader bars (or can add them) to your cage, just go overhead.

I welded up the top with a sheet I bent over the bars to keep it waterproof (they are marine speakers) then self tapped the bottom on with a gasket to seal.

attachment.php