• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need lil help on fr brake conversion

swmhuskie

Loc.
Des Moines, Ia
I think i did it right, but i can't get the last snap ring on the axle. I need about an eighth of an inch of pull on the axle to get it outside the locking hub. What would happen if i didn't put the last ring on? I would like to get it on since i know it was on when i took it down. any ideas Thanks for your help -kyle

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
if you're doing the gmconversion, you won't be able to get it on. either leave it off or put a fender washer on the end using a bolt into the threaded hole in the end of the axle.

the axle shaft can only move about 1/4", the snap ring is not necessary. as i said in a previous post, i've done 8 gm conversions and i've never had a problem by leaving the outer snap ring off.

67ster

Bronco Guru
I didn't use either the snap ring or the bolt and fender washer either , no problems so far .

la77

Loc.
Alexandria LA
get yourself an extra set of hands take a screwdrive, stick it between inner axle and ujoint, pull out easy. I can't remember which side but one side has always given me a problem on 2 diff broncos. good luck.

OP
OP
S

swmhuskie

Loc.
Des Moines, Ia
Thanks, i appreciate the fast response time by everyone. Just need the reassurance on it and i got it. thanks again-kyle

Next on to teh suspension and steering