• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need new zippers for STC soft top

chuzie

Bronco Guru
The zippers on my back window for my STC soft top both broke. The teeth are fine though. Where can I get a replacement zipper? I tried to local boat and automotive upholstery folks and they are clueless. All their stuff is too big like #10. I need something smaller but am not familiar.

Help!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The zippers on my back window for my STC soft top both broke. The teeth are fine though. Where can I get a replacement zipper? I tried to local boat and automotive upholstery folks and they are clueless. All their stuff is too big like #10. I need something smaller but am not familiar.

Help!

I'll ask Fordfilly to check for ya....she makes all sorts of upholstery with zippers included and has all the catalogs and sources. And we have a couple STC tops here for reference too.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I'll ask Fordfilly to check for ya....she makes all sorts of upholstery with zippers included and has all the catalogs and sources. And we have a couple STC tops here for reference too.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sewing-Fabric-/160737/i.html?_nkw=metal+zippers

If you still have one of the pulls they are usually marked by size.

I still have them both and neither have any markings. I wish I knew of another way to find the size.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
For some reason #6 sticks in my mind. Don't hold me to that though. I should be out to the Bronco tomorrow and can check my STC top for any markings. I want to say they are YKK zippers though.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Uhhhhhhhhh.......

2.4mm??
EDIT: Disregard this. I read my caliper wrong. MM on top In on bottom!!! Duh!
yra6e8u4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
It's a size 10. Just did some more research. To measure you have to have it zipped up and you measure the entire width of it together not of a singe row of teeth.

Oh, it was imprinted on the nose of the pull where it broke which is why I didn't see it to begin with. Definitely 10. This makes me question what moron I must have been dealing with that the upholstery shop who told me a #10 would be too big.

Still gotta find a zipper somewhere.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Local wholesaler. I was surprised they sold to me. Most don't bother with retail.