• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

(Need pic)67-69 v8 vacuum style fuel pump for vacuum wipers

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking at my factory ‘69 fuel pump where the port(s) are for vacuum wipers and I only see one port on the top of pump with a vacuum hose attached. Shouldnt there be two? I don’t see return port/ nipple to go back to the wipers. I’ve enclosed a pic of the top of my pump. In yellow I have a hose/port .... in red...there’s nothing there. It says wipers casted into it where I thought a port should be. I thought there might be a side port but it looks like it’s casted closed originally and has no access. I hear a vacuum leak near the pump, but can’t tell if it’s coming from an open source/ nipple maybe on the side? I see my return hose laying near the pump, but not sure where it connects. Anyone got a pic of a stock setup, stock pump ports, diagram, or even just let me know where to reconnect my loose hose.

Thanks,

Blue71

Attachments

• 47C5D28A-EEEC-4C81-BB1E-D3386EACEF15.jpg
    47C5D28A-EEEC-4C81-BB1E-D3386EACEF15.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Not sure if this will help... Need to zoom in

May need to down load it and then zoom...

I sold this motor a few years ago...

Attachments

• DSCN2253.jpg
    DSCN2253.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 69
  • vacuum fuel pump.jpg
    vacuum fuel pump.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 77

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I sent these to you already, but I'll share them here also. This one pictured is an NOS pump like the ones that came on them new. There are at least two other types out there, one looks similar with the same 10 screw top design and 8 on bottom, but will say Made In Canada on it. It is also a Carter pump. The other will only have an 8 screw top section. They are the parts store replacements.

Attachments

• IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks 904 and thanks Jimmy. I was able to reach under the PS pump and locate the port. It wasn’t in the place in my first pic as I first thought so your pics led me to it.

Thanks y’all,

Blue71

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I don't believe that they are reproduced, there's been several looking for them on FB. Are they not able to be rebuilt?

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Just got a 68 and the pump had been replaced with a NAPA special. So a rebuild wouldn't help me out.

Todd - thanks for the info - just sent Eaglenest a message.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Just got a 68 and the pump had been replaced with a NAPA special. So a rebuild wouldn't help me out.

Todd - thanks for the info - just sent Eaglenest a message.

I see, I misread your post, I thought you still had your original.

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
All - I have a 69 with vacuum wipers that hasn't run in decades. I'm assuming I'll need a new pump, and I'd like to keep the vacuum wipers, at least for now.

Just to confirm -- no one is making new fuel pumps with a vacuum fitting for the wipers, right?

-If I source a used pump, are they rebuildable?

-Any ideas on where to find one?

Thanks,

Scott

U13FL735

I rebuilt my original 66 pump with a kit. Then and Now Automotive in Weymouth MA had it in stock. Very helpful people. They may have rebuilt pumps available too. 781-335-8860.