• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need pic of original "Unleaded Fuel Only" decal

Jaxgtc

Here is a pic of a decal on a low mileage '75.
Definitely GASOLINE not FUEL, and looks like solid black letters with no border. It would make sense
that they had both black and white decals to contrast with the color of the body.

I think you are right. GASOLINE is consistent with the photo from the magazine on the earlier post. NPD is offering one that is pretty close, though the font may be slightly off https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/bronco_decal_body_unleaded_gasoline_only-137098-80931.html

On a related note, I have a 12/74 build and my EB does not have the unleaded writing on the cluster. Kevin from Classy surmised it was a matter of what they had at the time of the build when I asked him about a year ago.

Last edited:

House

Minutia Militia
Funny, this truck is a 1/75 and has the decals and the cluster...

NC_Pinz

Interesting. '75 here with original paint, no decals at the gas caps (dual tanks), and no restrictors in the fuel necks.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I owned a blue 75 Ranger back in the early eighties. And I think it had the labels. Unfortunately I only have the few pictures posted in my Garage.

Now my 76 it does have remnants of the label above the main tank fill. As you can see from this picture taken back in 2011. I'm at work right now but later I will take a closer look at the 76 and post a close up picture of what remains.

Attachments

• 76_Bronco_022__1517663590_38294.jpg
    76_Bronco_022__1517663590_38294.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 25