• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some advice on pricing

Vaheater

Hey folks, newbie here, I'm interested in the light blue 68 bronco being offered at cloud9classics in Alpharetta GA. It's on ebay now. You can't miss it. My question is what is a ballpark value for a truck like this? I understand the willing seller buyer angle but I'm trying to formulate an offer. Based on a personal inspection and test drive performed by knowledgable car guy it really is as nice as it looks. Dealer is looking for low thirties. Any thoughts?

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
It's possible the VIN wasn't posted correctly, but it has the old CA plates. It's not totally original, but it sure is clean. I'm betting it will fetch $30-35K

OP
OP
V

Vaheater

Thanks for weighing in

Specifically what doesn't look original and how critical are the defects/modifications you have noticed? I'm not totally hung up on absolute originality per se but I certainly don't want to overpay for originality that's not all there. FYI I intend to use this truck in WY during the summers and some use in the snow season as well.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I was just talking in general, not specifically, about the aftermarket upgrades done to not make it all original..headers, trim, radio, etc, etc. It looks like one clean truck, and if everything the seller says is true, it's a nice find. Just me, but I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money though if I plan on using it heavily all year, including driving it in the snow. For me it would just be a nice day weekender. There are plenty of nice ones out there for half the price...not as pristine as this by any means, but nice.

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
I would like to see more pictures of the roll bar set-up. Why is the roll bar welded to a plate/cover that bolt/screws to the wheel well ? ? ?

With out seeing it up close, it is just my opinion it looks Un-Safe to me. ( Just my $ .02 )

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I can see a number of things that aren't original. Everyone's got an opinion, but to me, it's a stock Bronco with no upgrades that's been painted. Certainly isn't a $30,000 Bronco in my opinion.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Like surfer-b & bronco16, not really worth that price, I'd stay patient, keep looking.. just my opinion though...

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I didn't know they were still using vacuum wipers in '68, kinda cool if they work, not that they ever worked that good.

Jim W.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I agree with Justino about it being a "stock" Bronco....but specifically....the lights on the bumper are not stock, it has a roll bar (not stock), it does not have the stock wheels, the shifters are not stock, the engine does not have stock air cleaner and probably is not stock either. Those are some things I see really quick. It is stuff like that that does not make it "truly" stock. But basically, it is a stock Bronco.

Is it worth the price? In LA that Bronco would be for sale for $25K to $30K. But in other parts of the country it would not command that price. Good luck!!!!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
to me its a cheep shiner. Someone may have done good work but they cut out the expensive stuff. Restoring a stock interior is expensive so they cut corners to look good. If I spent 30 grand on a stock truck I want it to be a stock truck. All the correct stock pieces. Wheres the steel top? Where's the factory tire carrier? If it doesn't have the correct pieces it doesn't hold value as a stock truck when the shine wears off. Now if you really want to buy this truck get on this site and look at all the rust repair locations and then get on a plane, a car or what ever and go look at the truck with these rust locations in mind. Check what has really been done and not just painted over. Get a professional to look at safety and running condition. Then when your satisified fork over the money. There are alot of people who get burned by pictures alone. I see alot of care in the work they did but who knows when your looking at pictures 2000 miles away.
To me 30 grand is alot of money it takes alot of time to collect it so it should take alot of time to part with it.