• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some expert advice for a frame off project

gtownky

Loc.
Cynthiana,KY
Welome aboard. Become a contributer. 12.00 is worth it. You probably already got that in advice. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

rjp1965

Photos

Here are some photos of what I am starting with.

Attachments

• Bronco.jpg
    Bronco.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 21
  • bronco2.jpg
    bronco2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 17
  • bronco3.jpg
    bronco3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 18
  • bronco4.jpg
    bronco4.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
  • bronco5.jpg
    bronco5.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 16
  • bronco6.jpg
    bronco6.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 12

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Yeap it's a bronco...;D

But really looks pretty clean to start. Do you have a budget? For a driver this is what I would do, first I might consider putting the interior back in it if you have it and driving it for a while. I have had my 74 for 2 years and it took me a solid year to settle on what I wanted out of it. Enjoy it for a while and get used to it. Stopping and turning would be big priorities for me so I would look at power steering upgrade and disc brakes in the front atleast, rear if budget allows. Again freshen up the 289, put in a 5 speed unless you have the c-4 then I would keep it.

But I would drive it a little first and that will help you decide where to spend your hard earned dough, cause these can empty a bank account in no time flat!

Most of all have fun, there are great resources here and a boatload of knowledge.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
That why I ask for some pictures ..That looks pretty good I think I TOO would drive that one for a while an see which direction I wanted to go with it ..P/S would or could be a one week end job ..Redoing that interior would make you enjoy it faster. Might work on some air leaks they've all got them ..But that Bronco looks like you could enjoy it for a couple of years ..

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
Nice looking Bronco! I'd do like others say and drive it for a while and fix the biggest pain in the ass first, which will be P/S, I promise! You surely have a great starting point there!