• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some help here (Aux Tank Question)

I'm doing an install of a pre-77 aux tank into a '77. I bought the tank from one guy and the '77 filler neck/door form someone else. Now I need to connect the two. Seems as if the filler tube for the '77 is larger than the earlier aux tank, which is really no problem...but finding a supplier of flexible 2-1/8 fuel hose is. Napa only has non-flexible.

Jeffs Bronco Graveyard advertises aux tank filler hose for 66-76; what's the difference here? Do you think I could use that?

Thanks

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
I am installing an aux tank on my 70 also . It had an aux tank on it when I bought it but I could never find a cap to fit the filler . So I decided to call Toms and ordered a used filler from them . I dont know what year it came from but it was all one piece (except the curved hose) as opposed to the one on my rig which was several hoses and lengths of pipe that found there way to the tank .
When I went to install the used one from Toms it didnt fit right and had to do some grinding on the body and dented the filler to get it to fit into the hole for the filler . Then I noticed the filler was too long and the bottom was about 4 inches below where fuel would enter the tank and the curved hose wouldnt fit . I had to cut the filler tube 4 inches and weld it back together . It fits fine now . I wonder where the PO got the filler neck from ???
Anyway try Toms or you may be able to something similar that I did and weld a pre 77 filler to your 77 neck .

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I was going to say go to the muffler shop snd get yhem to make you a piece of pipe to go between put in a curve and stretch one end too 2 1/8 the other 2 inch...could that work

blue bronc

Loc.
Fort worth
What I did was go to a plumbing place and find some marine exhaust hose.
Pretty thick stuff but will take slight bend.
Make sure the hose will fit on one of the ends for sure. The other end it you need it to be larger take a dremil and a sanding bit and shave the inside of the hose to make it more flexible. when you have thined it out take some soap and slide it on. Or you could go the other route and get the hose to fit the large end and tighten the t clamp down on the small end.
Probably the easier way to go. I tend to make things hard on myself make sure to ask for a T clamp at the store those things work better than a standard hose clamp. I think you are able to tighten them more and the hold better. tighten the calmps on both ends and you shoud have a tight seal on both ends.
I hope this helped