• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some pricing advice

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Need help pricing out 2 axles. I - as my wife says - sell parts too low, so I am trying to put together a fair price for a customer.
  1. Front Bronco D44 axle with 4.11 gears and no carrier (carrier was an ARB that went into my full width axle), Chevy disks, Warn hubs, Superior 30 spline axles
  2. Ford Bronco big bearing rear with 4.11 and no carrier (same reason as above), 31 spline Superior axles, Caddy disks, trussed
Thanks for the help

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
General rule of thumb. When selling used parts, start your asking price @ 50% of the current market value of those parts new. Then adjust up or down according to item availability (generic supply and demand rule) and condition (above average=add 10/20%, below average=deduct 10/20%).

For what you have, here's where I'd start. You'll have to subtract from my figures for the missing carriers since I don't have any idea what those would be worth.

D44s typically go for $250 from drum to drum and 3.50 open gears. Yours have disks so add $100 to that plus 4.11 gears would add at least another $50 and superior axles another $100. I've never factored in the Warn Hubs before but, if you do figure $25/30 for those. Then subtract for the carriers and you should have a general ball part figure of $530.00

BB9" typically go for $400 from drum to drum and 3.50 open gears. Yours have 31 spline superior axles + $100, Disk Brakes + $100, 4.11s + $50 and truss + $50. Ball park figure of $700.00

Don't forget to minus the carriers.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
The Front disc stuff is worth about $150, you can probably get $250 or more for the superiors. The D44 bare housing would be worth maybe $250. The gears might be worth $50. As a complete setup I'd probably thing 500 to 600, but in peices I think you could get more.

I bought a complete big bearing rear end for $100. The superior axles are probably worth a couple of hundered more. The discs a few hundred more, so I'd put it in the $500 to $600 category. It might be easier to just part them both out.
You can't just subtract teh carrier to get a fair price, because it still takes a few hundred dollars in labor to put the gears on the carrier.
Tom

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Are they Superior HD axles or are they the evolution series? If they are the HD axles then they will make good punches or hammers. I might even pay someone to take them off my hands. (I already have 3 long side superior hd axles in the garage with the splines busted off)