• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Suggestions On Dual Front Shock Mounts

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I'm finally getting back on the horse. I was setting up to weld my front shock hoops in and realized there is a clearance issue with the 4x4x2 steering box frame mount bracket on the drivers side.

I have a All 4 Fun/WH Extreme Dual Shock mount set of hoops for the front, and the front weld on bar literally rests right against mounting plate splitting the tube in half.

I can probably section/shorten the tube in front of where it mounts to the spring tower, but before I did that I was wondering what else was out there. It seems most places offer a hoops with shocks on either side of the spring tower, but not really two shock mounts behind the spring tower.

Any suggestions?

Hopstr

Contributor
Cage shock hoops from Sexton Offroad. Allow double shock mount and solve clearance issues for steering box and sway bar.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
A friend of mine has the same hoops as you. When he converted to a 4x4x2 box, he cut the hoop off of his frame, bent the tube away from the steering box and welded it all back together. It works.