• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

needing some freakin help

hillbilly delux

Loc.
West Point, MS
Tranny is shifting like *#&* and i dont know what to do. Just replaced the modulator valve with a dual vacuum modulator valve like the one that was on it. Now it shifts tooo soft. I do not see a adjustment screw. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SHOVE THIS CORONA BOTTLE IT THE F*$)ER.

JiM

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I believe there is an adjustment screw on the very back of the modulator. Mine has one. Also, I have only one vacuum line on mine (the other is blocked off) running to the vacuum tree on the rear of the intake manifold.

NoJoe

Loc.
san jacinto,ca.
freakin help ??

I run the green stripe modulator with single hose, you probably can plug one and try it,not the center hose,and as someone said if you want to extend the shifts (firmer shifts) turn the center screw clockwise, and be sure the Corona bottle is EMPTY. Joe

OP
OP
hillbilly delux

hillbilly delux

Loc.
West Point, MS
? center hose? I got a green stripe today. It has one hookup at the rear with a setting screw in the vacuum hookup. Will it work? I hope. I'm not going to try it til tomorrow. Out of light and beer.

JiM

OP
OP
hillbilly delux

hillbilly delux

Loc.
West Point, MS
Joe, i aslo changed the filter. You don't think there was anything i could have done to cause it to shift like it does? I hope its just the modulator.

JiM

OP
OP
hillbilly delux

hillbilly delux

Loc.
West Point, MS
a spring fell.........but i put it back in. i dont think its overfilled. if it is it will drain a lil tomorrow when i change the modulator valve.

JiM