• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Neighbor bought an EB.

Unknown

Contributor
Living here in Grand Rapids, it's not very often that you see an Early Bronco cruising the streets. Most owners keep them tucked away until the best weather days and break them out for a spin. I've not met anyone using theirs as a daily driver until now.

A month or so ago I spotted a familiar body panel sitting in a driveway so I spun around to have a look - literally a block from my house. The owner was standing outside admiring his new purchase which he had just taken delivery. I think he said it was a '68 but I was too busy bird dogging that I didn't get the details. Says he's always wanted one and the opportunity came up so he jumped on it.

I've seen him zipping around in it but this morning we bumped into each other at the grocer and had a chat. He just got back from a road trip to Vermont and back and said the trip in an EB is exciting. No issues to date and he's planning a trip out West next. It's good to see him making the most out of his ownership.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 308
OP
OP
Unknown

Unknown

Contributor
Another pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 184

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Wow that's a really clean rig.:cool: Looks to be a Ranch Wagon being that it has the bench front seat. Nice catch and always nice to meet other owner close by. If hes not already on CB.com, make sure hes aware of us. Thanks for the pic's.:cool:

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wish I had neighbors (yes plural) like that! Seems they are almost always at least 50-60 miles away.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
That thing is a peach, never seen an antennae attached to the door before, that's different.

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I thought it was a good idea to get a friend of mine in town to get a classic Bronco, but I have not hardly got to work on mine since then due to me constantly fixing his piece of crap at my shop. He is a member on here, so we may see his response. So dont get to know him too well.

bteutsch

Who's are you working on Jordan? Finally got mine done.. Need to pass by your house one day and let you look it over. Steve is on his way, just got his back from paint, then he had an accident with a chainsaw and cut his left hand pretty bad.. Had surgery to fix the tendons a couple of days ago..

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Slick looking little rig! It's nice to have good Bronco people nearby. :cool:

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a 69 and looks great!

Kinda interesting with the Front Bench and no seat in the rear.

The tire carrier is mounted like a Half Cab too.

Antennae mounted on the door is interesting??? CB??

Pretty Sweet.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
It won't stay nice for that long driving it in Michigan winters. Just the salt residue will eat that thing up.

Good looking truck.

matts460

Those are 68/69 F100 Ranger 15" Hubcaps. I have a set hangen in the garage for my 1969 F100 Ranger LOL There a bit differnt to the usuall 1967 f100 and bronco hubcaps. I actually tryed mine on my bronco with the 8" wide steel rims and looked pretty nice. After seeing this i may put them on even though there not quite right!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Yeah, that does look to be a nice Bronco for sure. Hopefully you will tell him about the rust issues. Looks good for now! ;D

OP
OP
Unknown

Unknown

Contributor
Yeah, that does look to be a nice Bronco for sure. Hopefully you will tell him about the rust issues. Looks good for now! ;D

I hear ya, but I don't know the fellow that we'll yet and I hate to be a judge of character regarding his EB principles - so he's on his own. If he asked why mine's tucked away in the garage I'd shoot straight with him.

Unknown