• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nerf Bars

fstik

Here are a few pics of the Smittybuilt nerf bar mounts...

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
fstik said:
Here are a few pics of the Smittybuilt nerf bar mounts...

fstik, thanks for posting those pics! After seeing those, I am for sure NOT getting the Smittybilt setup. I'd rather fab some of my own that have full mounting to the frame (for strength). I think it can be done with 4 bends and two welds. Simple enough. I'll let you all know what I come up with.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
here are some pictures of a custom set i just finished for the 76 build up of fellow list member bmcqueen that i've been working on (and am almost done with!)
they are a bolt on set up. i machined up some mounting blocks that got welded to the frame sides and the bars have plates that bolt up. i notched them to clear the stock rocker panel and still be tucked up. this way they could be removed easily.the mounting blocks could also be easily removed from the frame and you'd never know they where there.
2x2x .250 sq. tube with 1.5 x .125 round. all tig welded. nice pieces. pretty straight forward to make, just takes time...

enjoy~
nick

Attachments

• DSC01186.JPG
    DSC01186.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC01187.JPG
    DSC01187.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01192.JPG
    DSC01192.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01111.jpg
    DSC01111.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
NicksTrix said:
here are some pictures of a custom set i just finished for the 76 build up of fellow list member bmcqueen that i've been working on (and am almost done with!)
they are a bolt on set up. i machined up some mounting blocks that got welded to the frame sides and the bars have plates that bolt up. i notched them to clear the stock rocker panel and still be tucked up. this way they could be removed easily.the mounting blocks could also be easily removed from the frame and you'd never know they where there.
2x2x .250 sq. tube with 1.5 x .125 round. all tig welded. nice pieces. pretty straight forward to make, just takes time...

enjoy~
nick

Thanks for the info and the pics on those sweet, SWEET bars. You could make a lot of money with those. That is EXACTLY what came to mind when I saw how the Smittybilts were set up (kind of lame). What did you do on the driver's side to deal with the aux gas tank? The pics weren't clear on that.

Dan

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
dan, thanks for the compliments and support. your question was easily handled. there is no tank involved on this truck.
nick

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
A Company That I Deal With In Texas Might Just Build The If Anyone Is Interested. Luverne Truck Accessories @ 866-742-8999. They Seem Open To Build Just About Anything The Can Get Customers To Buy. It Might Be Worth The Call.