• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New 5.5 james duff sus.

TexBronco

Have you guys seen the new james duff 5.5 suspention lift kit
that thing is bad ass!!!!

MIDEVIL214

And the heavy duty track bar drop bracket, and extended lines, and bumpstops, and drop pitman arm and a new 5.5" rear leaf pack.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got a little from each of the vendors and I am very happy:

3.5" B.C. Coils
3.5" Wild Horses 11 Pk leafs
Duff Ext radius arms
Duff Stage II Long Travel Front Shock Hoops
Duff Adj Track Bar
WH Drop Track Bar Bracket
WH Bushing Kit
Cross Inboard Rear Shock Mount
4 - Rancho 9000's

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
duff is okay. i hear lots of people rave about deaver. i have a tom's 2.5" ultra soft ride system on mine, i love it! it even rides good with my RS5000's.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
TexBronco said:
What Brand of suspention do you all recomend?
I like the stuff from Cage Offroad however with the exception of the extended radius arms I'm not sure how they really compare to others. (The Cage radius arms are the best available in my opinion) I do like the way the Cage springs and shocks work though. The only thing I would consider other than them would be to go to a coilover suspension with a 4 link in back.

OP
OP
T

TexBronco

SaddleUp said:
I like the stuff from Cage Offroad however with the exception of the extended radius arms I'm not sure how they really compare to others. (The Cage radius arms are the best available in my opinion) I do like the way the Cage springs and shocks work though. The only thing I would consider other than them would be to go to a coilover suspension with a 4 link in back.

Do you think it be good to have WH rear leaf springs and cage radius arms
cage front springs
and WH rear and front double shock mounts because the ones from cage look kinda cheap

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
TexBronco said:
Do you think it be good to have WH rear leaf springs and cage radius arms
cage front springs
and WH rear and front double shock mounts because the ones from cage look kinda cheap
I think it would probably be better to have the Cage rear leafs but the WH ones will probably work okay as well. (Without actually having a set of the WH ones to try I can't give a fair comparison though) As far as the Cage shock mounts being cheap I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I don't run them on mine but they are definately not cheap. (I was able to see them while they were in design and testing stages and have seen the final product installed) On the contrary they are well thought out and beefier than any of the others I've seen. (Everything I've seen Jim put out so far is top notch) I don't use them because they don't work into my current system very well. (I don't have room for outboard shocks in the back and my plan to eventually go to coilover shocks in the front doesn't work with the design of the front ones) To answer the question though I think that it would probably work fine even though it wouldn't necessarily match up to my first choice.

pooterpot

Loc.
Lumberton, Texas
as far as springs you should probably just go with the best price. i won cage 3.5" coils from the lonestar bronco roundup and i think they are a great improvement over my old rancho coils or whatever they were. ive heard people like the bc coils best but i think the bc's and cages were both designed by jim cole and are the same design

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
pooterpot said:
as far as springs you should probably just go with the best price. i won cage 3.5" coils from the lonestar bronco roundup and i think they are a great improvement over my old rancho coils or whatever they were. ive heard people like the bc coils best but i think the bc's and cages were both designed by jim cole and are the same design
BC Coils are a linear coil rather than a progressive coil. The difference in the two designs is that linear coils will be either soft, stiff, or somewhere in between. The only BC Coils I've seen were somewhere in between which I assume was done so it would still work on the street without excessive lean in the corners. (There might be others BC sells that are softer though as I've only looked closely at the one set) Progressive coils have a tighter wind at the top so they start out soft at the bottom and get progressively stiffer as they are compressed. The result is that they droop really well and still do fairly well on the street when cornering.