• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New 76 EB Owner

MAjustin1

Loc.
Mount Airy
Good afternoon,
I wanted to say hello and share some photos of a Bronco I purchased locally a couple of months ago. Photos in my gallery and I hope I did it right. I have been reading up on the forum and thought it was time I joined and shared my project. I am completely new to Broncos but I have been a Ford man my whole life and I have a 65 Mustang and a 68 Lincoln Continental in the stable.
I purchased it from a customer of mine whose father bought it in 77 and kept it til he passed away. It is in good shape overall with a few standard rust spots (rockers ofcourse, front pans need some love, older repair that needs fixing, and driver A pillar is worse than passenger). It seems to be pretty original from what I can tell. Top is in great shape, rear seat is there and pretty nice, engine looks stock including aircleaner and other pieces, and I was able to fire it up and drive it on the highway home (thank god the wipers work bc I forgot to check and got rained on ofcourse).
It does need the transmission rebuilt and the steering definitely wanders a bit. The doors have the standard slight sag but still shut pretty well.
I plan to do a pretty full restoration and will be painting it back the color it is now. I was thinking about WH 2.5 inch lift and switching to a AOD but I am unsure on deviating from stock with this restoration. I may post some thoughts on this later for opinions from people who know more than I do.
If you see anything thats not stock please let me know (antenna isnt I dont believe). Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats on the new ride...looks like a great candidate for resto or LUBR.