• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New BC Broncos exhaust! Awesome!

xfactor

Loc.
Houston
Just got the BC Broncos exhaust setup installed, wow, what a difference. Went from dual Flowmaster 50s to the Magnaflow 2 - 2 1/2" ins 3" out, it sounds incredible. The tone must have dropped 20 db, it sounds frickin' huge. Smartest thing I done to the truck since I've owned it. If your debating an exhaust change, do it, you won't be disappointed.

Ray

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Did you install their headers and the exhaust system? How was the fit, I had planned to get everything from BC but a couple guys had problems with fit and getting the pipes to seal at headers. I'm holding off for now but would like to know how your system fit.

Thanks, Walt

OP
OP
X

xfactor

Loc.
Houston
Sorry, I guess I should've made myself clearer.

I basically used the Magnaflow muffler from the kit and kinda borrowed their design. The 2-2 1/2" in to 3" out. Although the exhaust guy didn't like the 2 into 1 design over the true dual.

I didn't use their headers I already had Hookers. I also didn't use the pipe system they sent either. I took it to the muffler shop and they didn't like the amount of joints, too many welds for such a short run of pipe he said. The guy took the photos of the system I printed out and fabbed 2 one piece pipes to the muffler and used a 3" pipe to the right rear corner.

Chuck was cool about taking back the pipe kit.

So if you already have headers you could just get the muffler from Chuck, I'm sure you can find the muffler on Summit but I like supporting the Bronco vendors.

Clear as mud right?

Ray

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I just recently got the BC headers and will soon be installing my 2 into 1 off of them like my previous set up I was running with the JD long tubes. I'll be making my set up again using mandrel bends like I did before with the spin tech muffler.
2 into 1's are nice any make nothing but sense under our rigs with the limited space.

kps74 bronco

Loc.
south jersey,medford
I built the system from the pic also,LL headers ,to two into one then flowmaster 50 out the back,sounds great.Dumpster diving for pipe,free muffler from 69 chevelle,free a few clamps and such 20.00.k

OP
OP
X

xfactor

Loc.
Houston
Rebuilt 302, slightly above average cam, Edelbrock intake and carb, carb spacer, a/c, re-curved distributor, elec ignition, pertronix coil, hooker headers and a pine tree air freshener.

OP
OP
X

xfactor

Loc.
Houston
I'm sure Chuck is cool with it. The world of EB is all about making things work for you. This muffler with these headers, etc. Everyone's different, some guys spend an entire Saturday fabricating a new turn signal lever and some guys (like me) buy a new one for 8 bucks. Whatever works the best is what works for me. I actually thought about just buying the Magnaflow muffler and coping the BC kit, but thought I would give their system a shot, just wasn't the best solution for me.

The end result is incredible, big beefy V8 rumble.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
xfactor said:
I basically used the Magnaflow muffler from the kit and kinda borrowed their design.

xfactor said:
I'm sure Chuck is cool with it.

xfactor said:
you could just get the muffler from Chuck, I'm sure you can find the muffler on Summit but I like supporting the Bronco vendors.

I seriously doubt that Chuck is cool with it. Go back and search through the threads and find a few with him expressing his opinions about people copying his designs. He put the time and effort into developing the system you copied and all he got out of it was a small profit on selling one muffler. Yeah, way to support the Bronco vendors. %)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Then why claim it was a BC bronco exhaust? Especailly if all you used was a muffler. While its great to support the bronco venders I think saying that you have something of there's on your truck that turns out not to be there actual product is what they would have problems with as do the rest of us. You should have just said I had a exhaust system built similar to BC's exhaust system.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Just another reason to highlight why Chuck is a superior vender. He will still honor a customer refund even though he just got screwed.

irwin

Loc.
redding
I think it is great that chuck took back the piping but to think your going to make a product and not have somebody copy it is ignorat.

peterinman

Loc.
East Jordan, MI
The Customer is always Right

He didn't get screw'd, he is a vender that is there for us. Good service means that we will buy more crap from him later. He gave the chap good service by taking back the pipe and chances are the guy will call Chuck again someday.

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I don't think Chuck has issues with the guy's who make something similir or the same as his in the garage for themself, it's the companies that copy his designs and then put them up for sale. I have always liked that BC's is one of the few vendors that will sell any piece of a kit and not just the whole kit. They even go as far as to list parts in the catalog that you can get at local auto part stores to work with what they sell. Keep up the good work Chuck!

OP
OP
X

xfactor

Loc.
Houston
OK,OK

Maybe I misquoted the "copied his design" part. Actually I tool the entire kit to the muffler shop and went to have a burger, came back and the guy had bent the pipes and had Chucks back in the box. Then he told me the pipes were inefficient in his opinion so he built his own. As far as Chuck getting screwed? I don't think so, screwing him would've been taking his picture to the shop and having the muffler dude replicate it. Chuck still made a profit 130.00 for a Magnaflow muffler, that's about double what it sells for at Summit and I paid for shipping to return the parts.

As for supporting the EB vendors, haven't totaled it up but I bet I've spent upwards of 4k from all of them, Jeff's, Horses, Chuck's, Duff's etc. This is my second EB, the first I restored and sold to upgrade to this one.

Anyway, I sure like my Magnaflow muffler from BC BRONCOS!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
scsm76 said:
I don't think Chuck has issues with the guy's who make something similar or the same as his in the garage for themselves, it's the companies that copy his designs and then put them up for sale. I have always liked that BC's is one of the few vendors that will sell any piece of a kit and not just the whole kit. They even go as far as to list parts in the catalog that you can get at local auto part stores to work with what they sell. Keep up the good work Chuck!
scsm76, you have it right so I don't have to re-type it. I have never had a problem with people coping my stuff for their own use. If you are going to make one you will not be buying it from me anyway. If you call me I will tell you why I did it the way I did and any other info I can to help you. Believe me I understand making my own:) It just makes me mad when I put out all the time, money and thinking and someone copies my product and sales it. The difference to me is those people that copy to sale either have no ability to see the need or imagine how to fix it or are just too lazy/greedy to put out the effort to make a better mouse trap. Those that make one to use just needs a better mouse trap.
P.S. my exhaust only fits my headers and the reason for so many pipes is they fit in a box for shipping better.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
No, he took a 'bolt on kit' to a muffler shop to 'bolt it on' and the 'muffler dude' decided to make his own, which I can only assume looks astonishingly similar to Chucks design... I guess he didn't mind paying extra for what was already in the box.