• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new bronco body tub/welding help.

tcte

Im in the process of making my own floor section for my bronco, I making it symmetrical instead of having the Rh side lower. If its not too much to ask could you measure this spot marked in between the arrows for me? also is that floor platform square or does it get narrower at the front? Thanks

Last edited:

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
To start with buy yourself a big box of kleco's and kleco pliars. Skip the sheet metal screws!

broncorick

I sort of dithis with one of mine, All new floor, rockers and door hinge posts, Used a frame with 4 ing pipe spacers to get my alignment and had intact Broncos to measure. Has worked out well so far, but it does take time!

broncorick

444t4t4005_zps3823c8e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BRONCOBERT

I wonder if they will come out with a fully assembled body like the Camaro and 57 chevy.
How much does it cost for all sheetmetal to do a compleat body?

Nelson

Loc.
Sulphur, LA
tcte, it should be square I did mine and it measures 57 1/8". The 1/8" may be an anomally all bronco's are different. I put a storage area under mine for small stuff.

Rymadd

Steel is REAL!! haha I'd take a steel tub over a fiberglass anyday. Like somebody else said Klecos were really handy when I was putting new quarters on my mustang, but also those self tapping #8 screws with the hex head and get a bit for your drill!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Congrats man...what a job!! Looks great.

How many hours...?

OP
OP
nate213

nate213

Loc.
West jordan, Utah
Congrats man...what a job!! Looks great.

How many hours...?

i never kept track of the hours. i bought almost two years ago. ive been working on it for at least 8 months. i just need a soft top and doors so i can drive it in the winter. i plan on converting the drums to 4 disc brakes when i get my tax return.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I stayed in a Holiday Inn express....which taught me...The Hilton....they have those chocolates..

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
You need a level platform to build from....then a buttload of clamps...a box of clecos...a good cordless drill...a flanging tool....then a 220 mig welder...measure measure measure...tac tac tac....measure measure tac....in 3 months on a partime basis you would have built a bronco body....

broncorick

The best platform I found is a frame. I made up 4 inch spacers to use at the body mount points and built up from that . Worked well and you can see the floor being built up in my pics in that fashion

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This gentleman can definitely say "It's built, not bought"!