• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco...need suggestions

ClintEastwood

Loc.
London, Ontario Can
Hello All!

Well, my bronco made it's way over from forum member Mac2Night in GA all the way to London, Ontario Canada (the centre of the universe!). A huge thank you to Mac, I can't even start to explain how much this guy helped me. He truly exemplifies the best part of this forum- bronco brotherhood! He worked with me the whole way...not to get into to much detail but he def did way MORE than he ever had to :) A solid, family man whom I owe!

The bronco...It is a 1972 U15 which I believe some may call a "Pre-Ranger" due to the ranger like stripes and many other features. I have attached a picture of the Marti Report

The typical ranger stuff is there, except no emblem on the glove box and the dash pad is black! The wiper cover is painted ginger also, if anyone can clarify if this is normal for rangers it would be great.

It used to have carpet, which is gone along with the interior ginger pieces. As you can see, I will have to reupholster the seats as well. I also have a set of mint ginger doors.

I realize it's my bronco my choices but I'm wondering if anyone can chime in- Is it kinda an oddball and worth keeping original paint colour?

Should I preserve the current colour and theme or go with something new?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (48).jpg
    FullSizeRender (48).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 145
  • FullSizeRender (49).jpg
    FullSizeRender (49).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 126
  • FullSizeRender (46).jpg
    FullSizeRender (46).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 123
  • FullSizeRender (44).jpg
    FullSizeRender (44).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 117
  • FullSizeRender (45).jpg
    FullSizeRender (45).jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 135
  • FullSizeRender (42).jpg
    FullSizeRender (42).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 111
  • FullSizeRender (43).jpg
    FullSizeRender (43).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 109
  • FullSizeRender (41).jpg
    FullSizeRender (41).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 111
  • FullSizeRender (40).jpg
    FullSizeRender (40).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 107
  • FullSizeRender (38).jpg
    FullSizeRender (38).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 114
  • U15GLP88347_dlxrpt (1).pdf
    212.4 KB · Views: 20

71 CA Bronco

Congrats on the purchase.

I'm battling the same issue. Original or Modified? I think it depends on what you want to do with it. The uncut stock is cool. If you went that way I would go all original with everything.

Modified is cool as well. Some of the builds on this site are unreal. Heck I can't decide myself. I'm offering no help at all. ;D

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
You do realize if you ask us we'll talk your ear off. Personal choice. Mine was originally blue, but my FJ40 is blue so the Bronco had to be different in my mind. I say make it your own, whatever color that may be. It's a collector piece no matter.
Congrats on your new treasure.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice looking ride sharif! Your hoodie should be on the way! Imo I'd keep it stock ;D

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Since you asked for suggestions here goes :) If it's original and it's lasted this long in it's original state, keep it that way. I could somewhat see changing colors maybe, but if it's a u13, it needs to stay a u13, if it's an Explorer or Ranger, it needs to stay an Explorer or Ranger :) Uniqueness deserves some pampering to keep its uniqueness IMO.

tmacstickman

Nice score. I always appreciate the planning and work that goes into any improvements to a classic Bronco, whether it is a complete resto or mods. They always make me smile. But, I am a stock/original kinda guy and I say put it back to its original glory!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats on the new rig. It's yours, so change it how you like it.

Personally, most would like that current scheme. I'd stay with it :)

Kwal

Nice Bronco Z hot ginger with white strip look sharp
My 74 Bronco was Z hot ginger , but I changed it to medium Blue ,
I just like blue, had a hard time get correct Hot ginger metallic ?
Hope to see at the truck shows ?

Unknown

Contributor
I'd go back original paint and ranger package but LUBR and consider late model 5.0 and 5spd too.