• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New cage and Extreme Radiator pics

msuforeman

A guy built this for me a week or two ago. He works on dirt track cars in Meridian,MS. We traded some physical therapy for a cage. It turned out great and he did a hell of a job. The radiator looks good so far. I also added a shroud, guard, drop down brackets and mounts. I also added a truck avenger carb into the mix. Now I've just got to stab the dizzy, finish the wiring, add the brake lines and put on the front cap and she will FINALLY be ready to go.

Brian

Attachments

• New Cage 002.jpg
    New Cage 002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Radiator and Carb 004.jpg
    Radiator and Carb 004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Radiator and Carb 002.jpg
    Radiator and Carb 002.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 183
  • New Cage 011.jpg
    New Cage 011.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 220
  • New Cage 008.jpg
    New Cage 008.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 103
  • New Cage 006.jpg
    New Cage 006.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 144
  • New Cage 004.jpg
    New Cage 004.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 142
  • New Cage 006.jpg
    New Cage 006.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 132

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Nice job on the cage !!!!! ---- I like that the added handles up front to hang on to.

Last edited:

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
That's a fricken awesome cage!!! Luv it. How much do you think it woulda cost in dollars?
Man, your rig looks like it could kick some ass, nice job!

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

supermottl said:
That's a fricken awesome cage!!! Luv it. How much do you think it woulda cost in dollars?
Man, your rig looks like it could kick some ass, nice job!

$550 plus you supply the tubing. Mine used 4-20' sticks of 1.75" OD and 1.5-20' sticks of 1" OD (about $150 dollars worth)

Brian

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Looks very nice. Now get that puppy done and get on the trail! ;D

crab

Bronco Guru
Oh my god that's an awsome cage. Where ever did you get the idea ?:? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Do you need any more close ups of our other prototype cages or any of our bumpers that are in the process or are you going to wait to see how popular they are?
Thanks man :mad: :mad: :mad:

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

He's got pictures of the jeep cages he has built in his shop. This is his first bronco cage which was built from a combination of his cages and a set of 3 different cages I got from the net. I could care less if it looks like your cages or not. If it bothers you I'm sorry. There is only so many ways you can go about building a cage and have it look decent and be functional. I guess I could have used PVC so it wouldn't be like yours. The measurements and other stuff he came up with. I had him add the handles, grab bar and seat mounts. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Brian :'(

Last edited:

crab

Bronco Guru
msuforeman said:
He's got pictures of the jeep cages he has built in his shop. This is his first bronco cage which was built from a combination of his cages and a set of 3 different cages I got from the net. I could care less if it looks like your cages or not. If it bothers you I'm sorry. There is only so many ways you can go about building a cage and have it look decent and be functional. I guess I could have used PVC so it wouldn't be like yours. The measurements and other stuff he came up with. I had him add the handles, grab bar and seat mounts.
Brian :'(
You're right, there are very few simularities. Here's a few more pics of our cage to help your buddy out.

Attachments

• cage brace.jpg
    cage brace.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 84
  • pallet II.jpg
    pallet II.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 84
  • cageA.jpg
    cageA.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 78
  • crab 3.jpg
    crab 3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 80

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks good Brian. Are those the same seats you had when I saw it last?

Sounds like you may have someone worrying a little about his cages. A cage builder in MS would go broke counting on business for 4X4s.

crab

Bronco Guru
JWMcCrary said:

Sounds like you may have someone worrying a little about his cages. A cage builder in MS would go broke counting on business for 4X4s.

Okay,
I'm over it now. Just threw me for a loop when I saw my cage then realized I never sent you a cage. Sorry for the negative 1st reaction.
Nice cage...................CRAB

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

crab said:
Okay,
I'm over it now. Just threw me for a loop when I saw my cage then realized I never sent you a cage. Sorry for the negative 1st reaction.
Nice cage...................CRAB

No sweat--I will be adding a x with the tubing above where the rear seat would be. That should also change it up a little.

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

JWMcCrary said:

Yeah Windale they are the same seats minus the 3" of pollen, dirt and dust.

Brian

TurnerBurn

Loc.
Mt. Washington, CA.
Sure that's a hybrid of images from the web.....

Come On Mister, at least fess up to having your cage-guy duplicate a "CRAB-CAGE". That is a signature design. I just bought one recently, and although I don't have it yet, the images of yours vs. the original (CRAB) are striking...

crab

Bronco Guru
TurnerBurn said:
Come On Mister, at least fess up to having your cage-guy duplicate a "CRAB-CAGE". That is a signature design. I just bought one recently, and although I don't have it yet, the images of yours vs. the original (CRAB) are striking...
To say the least........oh well.....

mtb_medic

Loc.
los gatos, CA
everyone here is missing the biggest detail in the photos. It is good to see all of those beer bottles in the photo. In my opinion every fab photo should have a few laying around. helps the get the creative juices flowing.

and by the way I plan to rip off the crab cage myself in the next few weeks. I am sorry if I cannot afford to buy a prefabricated cage but have the skills and tools to build it myself. spilt milk.

gbronco

Loc.
Grasonville, MD
I'm right there with you MTB Medic. If I like how something looks, and I can break out the welder and duplicate it, I'm making it! ;D

crab

Bronco Guru
I love the drama this board brings. What would we do with out it? ;D :cool:

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
crab said:
Oh my god that's an awsome cage. Where ever did you get the idea ?:? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Do you need any more close ups of our other prototype cages or any of our bumpers that are in the process or are you going to wait to see how popular they are?
Thanks man :mad: :mad: :mad:
Be flattered, You should be impressed that he cared enough to make it like yours. If i ever make one i will try to make it as close to yours as i can because i really like yours i just cant afford the cage and the shipping across the U.S.