• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New cage and Extreme Radiator pics

crab

Bronco Guru
Flash69 said:
Be flattered, You should be impressed that he cared enough to make it like yours. If i ever make one i will try to make it as close to yours as i can because i really like yours i just cant afford the cage and the shipping across the U.S.
Flattered can't even begin to explain all the emotions ;D No sweat, just wish I could make everybody happy.

mudde

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
crab said:
To say the least........oh well.....
I find this tread too much like a thread on the POR site...
But Crab... from looking at some of you early pic's you cage looks a lot like All 4 funs cage... but then again I could be incorrect.
this is a bad picture:
http://www.broncobob.com/rollbars.shtml

here is a slightly better picture of the cage...
This cage is built by bronco bob.

http://www.tomsbroncoparts.net/cgi-bin/tomsbroncoparts/1427.html

As far as your cage goes it's very nice... I would like to own one.. but at the cost it's not in the cards. I got my all 4 fun cage off of ebay for $150.00
less than the cost of the raw steel...

just my 2 cents ;)

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

mudde said:
I find this tread too much like a thread on the POR site...
But Crab... from looking at some of you early pic's you cage looks a lot like All 4 funs cage... but then again I could be incorrect.
this is a bad picture:
http://www.broncobob.com/rollbars.shtml

here is a slightly better picture of the cage...
This cage is built by bronco bob.

http://www.tomsbroncoparts.net/cgi-bin/tomsbroncoparts/1427.html

As far as your cage goes it's very nice... I would like to own one.. but at the cost it's not in the cards. I got my all 4 fun cage off of ebay for $150.00
less than the cost of the raw steel...

just my 2 cents ;)

Could it be--Surely not. He is the only one building cages like that and they are all original. I can do a 5 minute search on pirate and pull up many jeep cages that look very similar to the one I had built---I know of two for sure because I printed them out.

Brian

crab

Bronco Guru
brian72 said:
Does your hardtop fit??
Yes the hard top fits.
And yes, we purchased one of All 4 Funs cages about 5 years ago (Cost us $1100 back then mig welded and powdercoated from A4F. Then after it didn't fit, had to be cut apart, modified and repowdercoated.)). After several blows to the head by the cage and unuse of the glovebox and ebrake, we decided to improve on a good thing. By the way, if you talk to Bronco Bob, ask him who designed his bent extended radius arms that he sells to Wild Horses..........

M

Miley

crab said:
I love the drama this board brings. What would we do with out it? ;D :cool:

Aren't you the one that brought the drama? I think your comments were completely uncalled for and I'd be embarrassed if were you. I can certainly see where you robbed alot of your ideas from Nascar and Jeep cages... HALO anybody? I thoroughly plan on utilizing some of your ideas as well as others iinto my cage. Take it as a compliment and get over it. Like he said, there are only so many ways to make a cage.

James

mudde

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Crab,
reading your comment's on Bobs cage. " you said that you hit your head on the cage" Do your cage lean back farther than bob's. The way that cage leans back is what made me want it in the first place. I'm tall and moved my seat back a few extra inches. Ive still not installed my cage yet. Where are you saying that your head came in contact with the cage? I'm a little confused?? ?:? Could you point out where ypour head hit his cage.

BTW Crab... I like your cage a lot... but I got mikne for a 150... At this point I can't afford to spend the money for you cage today. If I could have I would have, Just not in my cards. After reading about hotwheels busting a axel. I think NEW 31 spline axels are my next major upgrade.

As far as fit goes,I also got my cage unassemblyed. I would be hard pressed to buy assembled cage, Unless it was assemblyed in my Brono ... they all seem to be a bit different.

crab

Bronco Guru
mudde said:
Crab,
reading your comment's on Bobs cage. " you said that you hit your head on the cage" Do your cage lean back farther than bob's. The way that cage leans back is what made me want it in the first place. I'm tall and moved my seat back a few extra inches. Ive still not installed my cage yet. Where are you saying that your head came in contact with the cage? I'm a little confused?? ?:? Could you point out where ypour head hit his cage.

BTW Crab... I like your cage a lot... but I got mikne for a 150... At this point I can't afford to spend the money for you cage today. If I could have I would have, Just not in my cards. After reading about hotwheels busting a axel. I think NEW 31 spline axels are my next major upgrade.

As far as fit goes,I also got my cage unassemblyed. I would be hard pressed to buy assembled cage, Unless it was assemblyed in my Brono ... they all seem to be a bit different.

The front pillars on Bob's cage taper from the windshield frame to the center hoop. That's the point of impact and where we made improvements with our cage.

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

brian72 said:
msuforeman - this question was for you.... ;)
I have a soft top so I can't really answer the question. I'm sure it will fit under a hard top but not 100% sure.

Sorry,
Brian