• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Dash Pics -- Lemme know what you think

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Here are a few pics of the new dash in the Rajin Cajun. I think it's sort of trick how it flips down on hinge pins. Let me know what you think of the layout, etc.. The beast should be ready for a full unveiling in a few weeks.

Attachments

• dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 373
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 422
  • dash3.jpg
    dash3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 385
  • dash4.jpg
    dash4.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 422
  • dash5.jpg
    dash5.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 343

dbruce9035

Loc.
Hutto, TX
SWEET! i like the way the dash flips down. can you post a few pics of how that works? it looks like you waxed the inside of the dash too.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Wow... that looks really nice! I can see where the flip down dash is going to be handy. Good idea! :cool:

TN1776

Bronco Guru
That is great. I am extremely interested in the flip-down feature that you incorporated into your dash. Any info that you're willing to share would be appreciated - pictures of the hinges, how it latches back into place, etc. I have been thinking about trying to build something like that for a while and this looks like a very clean implementation of that idea.

Nice work!

tweingad

thats awesome does the ac upgrade control kit also run your stock heater or is it a different heater.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You have done an incredible job on that dash. I have tossed the idea around in my head of adding a hinge and I think you just made my mind up for me - that is slick!

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
Very cool! I dig the way you hinged it. I so wish I had done that when I had the dash out and rewired. Now it is such a pain to get back in there to make addition/changes.

Very nice work!!!!!

dbruce9035

Loc.
Hutto, TX
more pics........what wiring harness did you use? what brand speakers are those? they look like sub woofers. come on, make with the info please.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
It looks awsome, but it doesn't look like you have made provisions to flip down once the steering colum is installed, or does it? Awsome

Chris B.

Bronco Brett

Loc.
little rock ar
only some seem to have noticed that those speaker grills, they look to be hand drilled kicking broncos. that is one of the the most innovative dash set ups that ive seen. keep dreaming up awesome ideas !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
Oh Most definitely stats, diagrams, and all info you have on what you did. Ihave my new project on dispay at the top of this page. I just need the specifics to get her started.

WhiBNormal

Loc.
Knoxville
Looks good, Duffs has some sweet new billet script dash knobs that would look good in place of the stock black one. Im pretty sure they sell them individually. There is a photo in their new catalog...just thought ya might wanna check em' out.