• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Dash Pics -- Lemme know what you think

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Thanks for all the nice comments. I'll try to answer the questions;

The speakers are Blaupunkt VX542 5-1/4" 2-way's. I have a pair of Kickers in the rear. The stereo is an Alpine w/Ipod controls in the center Tuffy console.

There isn't a way to lower the dash without removing the column, that's correct. But that's a relatively easy task.

The holes were hand-drilled. I've added some additional progress pics of the project so you can get an idea of what's gone on.

The knobs contol the heater and A/C. It's a unit I bought from Chuck at BC, and they helped me with the custom controls from Vintage Air.

I saw those Duff knobs as soon as they were announced and jumped on them and they look like they were custom made for my project! Just don't have them on the truck yet.

A couple of other points for clarity. I am not doing this work myself. I know that's a cop out to many of you, but the job was too big for me. I spec'd out the rebuild of this project myself, to the detail of a knat's ass. But the flip down dash and Bronco grill was ALL the idea of the builder. I can't take any credit for those, but I'll sure brag on his work! Most of the dash layout was taken from various pics posted from people on this site, especially Nick (Nicks Trix). That's why I like to post stuff like this, so others can get ideas and get inspired. I hope there will be plenty of inspiration when the entire project is unveiled! ;D

Thanks again for the feedback -- Scott

Attachments

• dash7.jpg
    dash7.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 114
  • dash6.jpg
    dash6.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 131
  • dash8.jpg
    dash8.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 118
  • dash9.jpg
    dash9.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 142
  • dash10.jpg
    dash10.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 115
  • dash11.jpg
    dash11.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 124
  • dash12.jpg
    dash12.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 129
  • stereo.jpg
    stereo.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 147

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
That is super clean, I like the speaker covers. Where did you get the little lights under the dash in pic 12?

ghost66

Bronco Guru
That's awesome Coach, when can we see full out pics of the resto, I gotta say you really went the extra mile.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Simply awesome. Nice work Scott, and whoever is doing the work for you!

Dusty

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Thanks fellas --

The lights came from ----> Super Bright LEDs. I've ordered a lot of stuff from these guys, and they are really good to deal with.

In terms of showing the completed restro -- After nearly 3 yrs in the making, it looks like it will finally be complete in the next few weeks. However, I'm going to go live in Europe for a few months and won't be here to pick it up and show it off until I return! So look for a full viewing in Sept/Oct timeframe :-[

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Thanks fellas --

The lights came from ----> Super Bright LEDs. I've ordered a lot of stuff from these guys, and they are really good to deal with.

In terms of showing the completed restro -- After nearly 3 yrs in the making, it looks like it will finally be complete in the next few weeks. However, I'm going to go live in Europe for a few months and won't be here to pick it up and show it off until I return! So look for a full viewing in Sept/Oct timeframe :-[

I am sure someone would pick it up for you and do lots of testing for you.....oh yeah take pictures;D ;D

backpain

Bronco Guru
So, that doesn't look like a dash overlay. Where are you sourcing a new metal dash blank?

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
Would you happen to have any good pics of the swivel point? I'm really thinking of trying something like you have here, escpecially since I'm constantly trying to figure out an easier way to get my big big bod wedged just right to get underneath my dash as I install various things.